Thread: The weekend

Default The weekend

Well, Wizard World will likely be another dud for AF fans. After all, the only things that are 'karmic' this weekend are my bad back and Ben's wedding. Two Marvel thing Friday, two Saturday.

When we got the "don't worry, we have big plans" Joe Q. quote it was the week of my birthday. The next good Joe quote about being thrilled et al was my wife's birthday. When Mark Millar did his interview it was just before my youngest's birthday. No birthdays in my family this summer, unless you count my big brother. My next family birthday isn't until late November. If patterns hold, our next positive AF blurb would be then.

But then again I think the pattern so far has been a fluke.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Mondo Marvel had zip except this which included mention of Dan Slott, Mike Turner, and David Mack having upcoming projects, Slott's for sure tied into Civil War, Turner's to be announced Saturday, who knows about Mack? And Olivier Coipel's next project comes out after Civil War, too, likely also tied in to Civil War.

Could one be the Alpha Flight thingy? Who knows

I doubt anyone asked AF questions at all. Like "When will we find out which Alphans survived New Avengers?".

Live it.

OK, now from the Civil War panel, not much as usual, but at least someone tried:

Finally, asked when Alpha Flight will make themselves known with all the unrest going in the United States, Quesada joked that this is the ending of Civil War, “Canada come in and takes over the United States,” he said.
    Yup, more jokes and time wasting (where is that ref with the yellow card?). One has to think that anything to do with Alpha Flight is huge in Civil War, so saying anything will spoil something major in Civil War or post-Civil War. Ho Boy

You know, I think Coipel is the artist. But the writer?

Live it.

Man I'm getting tired of all the rumors and joking around, I would like some insight

bendis on new avengers 26

"Meanwhile, the B story is how this team got together, and how it got out of the country, and how will they ever get back into the country…if they are indeed, the resistance Avengers, versus the non-resistance Avengers. If there even is such a thing…"

Well, the same old "Alpha fans will be happy" from Joe Q.:

Quesada talked about his commitment to reflecting the real world in comics. "Have you looked at 'The Ultimates?' Have you seen all the international characters in there? I'm Hispanic. I saw DC comics, and I saw them as my parents. I saw Spider-Man, and I thought of him as a peer, or that in a few years I could be Spider-Man. I was reading 'Fantastic Four' and saw this character the Black Panther. I was like, 'wow, this is a character of color!' I grew up in a neighborhood with Hispanics and Blacks and Marvel was speaking to us. [Diversity's] always been what Marvel's done. I don't want to put out a mandate, 'we're gonna make all these international characters,' because it's story driven. For example, there will be no Alpha Flight book, but their fans will be happy."
    I wonder if he knows what would make us happy.... I sure hope so.

Of course, one could read it to mean: "there will be no Alpha Flight book, but their fans will be happy (because only Zuzha and Lou died in New Avengers #16, that's the only reason they'll be happy.

Live it.