Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight in Marvel Legends

Default Alpha Flight in Marvel Legends

Hello people,

I just wanted to tell you that over at http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum in the Marvel's section they are making an Oficial Top Ten Wish list of characters people want to see as Marvel Legends in the future. In this case, official means that they pass over the results to Hasbro (the company that now makes Marvel action figures) and I can tell you that they will take this list it into account for future assortments (former top tens are a proof) so I recommend you all who have the time to register and vote for AF characters,it's worth the time and effort. At the moment, Northstar and Guardian are having many votes, with a little bit of luck one of them will make it into the Top Ten. Let's make it possible people!

I might vote for Guardian, but I would like to see Shaman.

I agree Shaman and Talisman with swirling mystic forces would both be cool! And throw in that build a Box figure!

I posted my picks. It was a very Alpha-centric list, including a build a figure Box. I didn't see a lot of Alpha characters in the lists though, so everyone here needs to hit the site and make a list if we want new Alpha Flight figures. I have to believe Alpha Flight is more popular than some of the names I've seen listed.

Puck, Shaman, and Vinidcator have a few votes as well. Not sure if any of you collect this line of action figures, but they are pretty cool in that they each come with a piece of a bigger figure that you build by collecting them all. My son and I have been having a great time collecting these and building a 16" Apocalypse and Sentinel. We're working on Giant Man and Galactus now. Great marketing ploy ad excellent articulation on the figures. Apocalypse does a great "sign of the devil" with his hands! Always knew he was a metal fan!

Vindicator was my top choice, however I would love to see a Nemesis figure.

Starting to see a few Alpha fans weigh in, but it's very few. If there's any hope of getting more of our favorites turned into action figures in the future we gotta show up and make it happen. Evryone take a few moments to register and vote. Guardian, Northstar, Vindicator, and Puck are doing OK on the list, but they'll need help making the final cut probably. Shaman also shows up as does Snowbird and Aurora. Even Puck II has a vote. Let's show that we do support our favorite team! GO VOTE!

I'm with you Barnacle. This list on the Fwoosh is very important, year after year since the begining of Marvel Legends the Official Top Ten has marked the route to go for Toy Biz (and now for Hasbro) in terms of character selection. Last year's Fwoosh Top Ten had characters such as She-Hulk, Hercules, Banshee, Emma Frost or the Blob, characters already confirmed for series I and II by Hasbro's Marvel Legends. So I say to all of you, even if you are not interested in action figures, to vote for Alpha Flight characters (you don't even need to register, you can vote as guests). The current number one position is being held by an Inhuman, Black Bolt, so if an Inhuman can hit the top ten I'm sure that Alphans like Guardian and Northstar (the most popular ones we like it or not) can also achieve it. So, go and vote!

Voting on this will end some time around the end of August. So far there's been very little support of Alpha Flight. I know not everyone here collects action figures, but I for one would appreciate it if everyone on the list would go vote for at least a couple Alphans, so I can add them to my collection. Guardian, Northstar, and Puck seem to be leading the charge for Alpha. Go Vote! Please!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Okay, you talked me into it.
    I do collect figures, especially AF figures, which is why I don't want a lot out there.

I listed the original team, + Nemesis, + Talisman, + The Master. My BAF was Box... And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor
    "Oh wow, you must have an awful lot of free time on your hands."
    - 'Weird Al' Yankovic, _I Remember Larry_ (but only when you play it backwards!)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor
    - 'Weird Al' Yankovic, _I Remember Larry_ (but only when you play it backwards!)
    Oh man I would buy that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    And then, I just now thought, why not a Great Beast?

- Le Messor
    Oh man I would buy that in a second.
    Which one? I always liked Tundra. Not much to him though - just a big chunk of land. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Which one? I always liked Tundra. Not much to him though - just a big chunk of land. I love it.
    All of them. I would first buy Somon, then Kolomaq though.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

For the BAF, I was figuring Somon, or maybe Tolomaq would be great.

I agree, Tundra wouldn't. Nor the fire beast.

- Le Messor
    "A top-secret government study indicates that we wouldn't be any worse off if we let the economists predict the weather and the meteorologists predict the economy."
    - Paul Harwitz, _Wall Street Journal_