Thread: Cap and the Thing join AF?

Default Cap and the Thing join AF?

From JQ at SDCC...

Captain America and Thing joining Alpha Flight? Wait and see

MM

I thought they said Thing was moving to Paris, France?

BTW, where did this one come from, what site or are you lucky and have a friend at SDCC?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I thought they said Thing was moving to Paris, France?

BTW, where did this one come from, what site or are you lucky and have a friend at SDCC?
    Sorry Mokole I forgot, this is where I found it...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=7890

The quote is 3/4 the way down the page.

MM

I'm guessing it's tongue in cheek based on the rumours that came out months back.

Yah, Joe Q. has been throwing out lots of misdirection about Alpha Flight, as have others, from Cap joining, now Thing, then USAgent, all we're sure of is that Alpha Flight is coming back and Ben knows about some, if not all, the details.

Live it.

There's a cover of Daredevil in France in the newest solicits isn't there? I thought he was the one moving to Paris. Oh well, maybe it is Thing.

I don't see any of America's loved super heroes joining a Canadian super hero team. Maybe there will be a team up but I don't see it any other way. Especially Cap.

The people at Marvel do like to lie and misdirect when people ask about upcoming projects. I figure they could simply say, "Plans are in the works but we can't give any details because there are none to give."

On Saturday and Sunday, maybe somebody will find out more than just, "you'll love it, you'll hate it." Though given Marvel's track record I'd think most any news we'll get will be superfluous or just plain lies.

I'm an optimist but I'd truly rather get news tidbits every so often (February: Don't fear, plans are in the works; March: Editors haven't forgotten you; April: We've been firming up plans with a writer but due to Civil War we can't tell you anything concrete; May: Alpha Flight will play a part in Civil War and a series of some sort will spin out after that, if all goes well; June: The writer for Alpha Flight has been hired but the overall creative team is still an issue; July: The writer is working on his first set of stories and artwork should be coming in soon, maybe in a few weeks you can see what's coming; August: The writer is J. Torres; September: the series will be launched in February and will have elements from Civil War; October: J. Torres will be joined by David Finch and Udon Studios, here's a 'sort of' cover preview; November: Here's artwork from the upcoming Alpha Flight, plus an interview with Mr. Torres; December and January more and more) than get bafflegab because they don't want to 'spoil' anything.

We know 100% for certain that Alpha Flight is spinning out of Civil War. What else that means is beyond me, but I don't believe any of the stuff about it being an American team.

Live it.