Thread: Moved : Can Northstar not get a break...

Default Moved : Can Northstar not get a break...

Northstar supposed to be on the cover of X-Men 188 and gets covered up by the supernovas logo... I mean come on... He never go the treatment he deserved when he was a member of the X-Men, the writers never developed his charcater at all... then they let Wolverine kill him off to bring him back evil... then when he is going to be making an appearance in the X-Men, and actually gets on the cover they cover him up... aggggghhhhh... Northstar is one of my favorite charcters, and I just want to see him get a little respect... anyone else feel that way...[/b]

I agree....Northstar has been treated pretty crapilly (at least while the X-Writers have a hold of him)....Maybe if a new Alpha Flight series comes along, he can be salvaged?

Dana

What's worse is he wasn't even in the issue

When he shows up in issue 189 (I went back and checked, Carey said that issue #189 was where Northstar and Aurora first appear) we'll see what Marvel thinks of them.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Why isn't this thread in the Alpha Talk section?

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Why isn't this thread in the Alpha Talk section?

Dana
    As requested, moved for posterity
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks Del.

Dana

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default X-Men #s 188 and 189

I may be in the minority again, but I like the two issues so far. Yes, I know Aurora and Northstar are not in # 188 (except on the cover) and that was kind of a rook...but the book is about the X-Men, so # 189 gave (the non-pointy-eared) twins a bigger, more significant part than most of the other appearances in the last year that I've bought (i.e. WEAPON X: Days of...).

Spoilers:

Well, MARVEL's gone and made them villians. I didn't want to be right about that, even though it seemed to me what they've wanted to do this with most of Alpha Flight for a long time. It uses the Wolverine storyline and expounds on it, logically to me, Aurora is messed up after her Weapon X fiasco, which also seems pretty logical to me, and Northstar is there when she needs him to be. BINGO!

I like Bachalo's art and the story is solid. The good guys are in deep trouble, all the way around in this one.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.