Thread: X-Men #188

Default X-Men #188

Other than the cover the twins don't appear in the issue at all, and even then JP's obscured by the logo.

The issue seems pretty solid in terms of set-up though, and Carey's writing comes across as strong.

I'm not sure about Bachalo's artwork anymore though, I used to really enjoy it, but it just seems to get busier and busier and more cluttered with each title I see him on...

Damn it I bought the issue, but havn't read it yet. I picked it up as I thought they would be in it.

I just read the 10th anniversary follow-up to Age of Apocalypse and thought the same thing about Bachalo's art. I'd say in about 1 third to 1 half of the panels I couldn't really tell what was going on at a glance. I don't think that one should have to study the panel in order to determine what's going on...it should be obvious what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    I just read the 10th anniversary follow-up to Age of Apocalypse and thought the same thing about Bachalo's art. I'd say in about 1 third to 1 half of the panels I couldn't really tell what was going on at a glance. I don't think that one should have to study the panel in order to determine what's going on...it should be obvious what's happening.
    haha funny I thought the same thing, such as the Cannonbal and Iceman attack on Sabertooth.

I'm glad I didn't waste money on it then.

Dana

JP's logo-obstruction-free in the sketch cover variant.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    JP's logo-obstruction-free in the sketch cover variant.
    You mean:

"JP is visible in the Sketch-Cover-Variant, without a logo obscuring him."
    ?

Sorry, but it took me three reads to understand that particular arrangement of words...

- LM
    "A pile of rocks stops being a rock pile when somebody looks at it with the idea of a cathedral in mind."
    - Antoine Saint-Exupery

Heh, that's indeed what my words implied.