Thread: As if we didn't know....

Default As if we didn't know....

The following little item appeared in my local newspaper, the "Journal News" this past Friday, June 30, 2006:

" 'X-Men: The Last Stand' isn't the end of the superheroes. The first spinoff, 'Wolverine', starring Hugh Jackman, is already under way. Anybody suprised?"

Well, duh! Of course, we already knew this, but it's nice to see it confirmed in a mainstream newspaper, as well as on the Internet.

Of course, once we start talking about a Wolverine movie, the inevitable question comes up: Will Alpha appear in it? I hope that at least Mac and Heather will, but wouldn't it be great if the rest of the team appeared as well? I was thinking that they might use the classic team of X-Men #120-121: Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar, and Aurora. (And if they even threw Puck and Marrina in, I wouldn't mind! )

This wouldn't be too big a cast, would it? After all, look how MANY mutants appeared in X3!

It would be cool to see the wild Wolverine being helped by Mac and Heather, or a Wolverine war flashback starring Puck.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

theres a copy of the script floating around and the first act had no mention of neither, but thats all i saw.

Where did you see the script?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

That script feels fake to me...for some reason. I'm sure it (if it is a real draft of the script) will go through a few rewrites before it is actually shot, anyway.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    It would be cool to see the wild Wolverine being helped by Mac and Heather, or a Wolverine war flashback starring Puck.
    I would love to see a flashback of Heather and Mac finding Logan in the woods after the escape from the Weapon X project in a film (as a flashback)...That would be absolutely amazing! According to X2, Dept H does already exist, as does Gamma Flight (Stryker's computer files)...It would be really nice to see that the Hudson's actually exist in the X-film universe too.

Dana

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

There's a review of the first half of the script at Latino Review. It doesn't cover the second half, but it -does- tell mutant fans what to expect--
    and there's no mention of AF. Believe me, I looked.

- Le Messor
    "A good beginning makes a good ending."
    - English Proverb

What a disappointment! Not even Mac and Heather? Why am I not surprised?

Maybe AF will appear in the second half of the script? (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I *think* the review dispelled that idea.
    The reviewer had read both halves, and in telling us what to look forward to, no AF.

I was about to link to the review, but "At the request of the studio, we've taken this review down." So, as of now, I'm nothing but a rumour monger.

- Le Messor
    "A good idea doesn't care who has it, and neither should you."