Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Avengers #20

Default New Avengers #20

Still no word on Alpha Flight, but Wolverine finally confronted the Collective for killing Alpha Flight, "heores! you killed heroes!". He was quite pissed, which was nice.

or bad depending on how you think of it but I think they lived

Interviews stated they wern't all dead, so maybe Puck II and Major Mapleleaf bit the bucket

Ah, really no news there for us AF fans, but at least they mentioned AF.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: New Avengers #20

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Still no word on Alpha Flight, but Wolverine finally confronted the Collective for killing Alpha Flight, "heores! you killed heroes!". He was quite pissed, which was nice.
    You forgot to mention that there's an image of AF too.

This is how its played out...

MICHAEL : Snow. I was walking in snow.

(Image of Alpha Flight)

MICHAEL : I-I killed people.

WOLVERINE : HEROES! YOU KILLED HEROES!

IRON MAN : It wasn't you. You were being used. You're not to blame.

WOLVERINE : Tell that to Alpha Flight!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Interviews stated they wern't all dead, so maybe Puck II and Major Mapleleaf bit the bucket
    I hope Puck II isn't dead. I hope that vol 4 would deal with the back-story of Puck II and her relationship to Puck.

Sounds to me like the number of possible survivors just went down. That is, if they want to give this thing any credibility.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Well, we all know how Joe Q and Tom B like to 'lie'. After all, when it was said that only one New Warrior survived Civil War, Q kept saying it wasn't Speedball, Speedball died. Now we know he's not dead. So as they keep saying 'no AF', what does that mean?

Mike Marts, Millar, Bendis all say not all of AF is dead and that some sort of relaunch is in the winter schedule. Most people assume Zuzha and MML are dead but what do we know? Nothing at all. Maybe one of the next Joe's Friday will throw us a real bone but I expect more squeaky toys until Ben is unbound and de-gagged and lets us know the good news, whatever that is.

After all, we're paying customers, Marvel is a business, and Q has said twice that AF fans will be thrilled with what is coming up after Civil War.

We knew about Northstar's appearance in X-Men in January or February, 5-6 months in advance of the issues, so why not get an AF newsbite (truth!) in June or July?

I'm optimistic about the future but just plain pessimistic about learning anything. After all, we were all pumped about Lobdell's AF but it wasn't what we expected, maybe this time it will be. "Thrilling" and "Thrilled" are the keywords, after all, and they keep popping up on the 'net.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I'm optimistic about the future but just plain pessimistic about learning anything. After all, we were all pumped about Lobdell's AF but it wasn't what we expected, maybe this time it will be. "Thrilling" and "Thrilled" are the keywords, after all, and they keep popping up on the 'net.
    I was excited about AF vol 3, until I heard it was going to have a comedic edge to it(we heard this very early on, a bit before the series debuted). My hopes went into the toilet, right there and then. Lots of folks kept saying, it won't be so bad....well...we all know how that turned out.

Maybe Joke Q is lying about AF fans being thrilled too.

Dana

i think something is coming, it's just to early to announce anything. civil war started in may, will end in december with new titles probally launching off of that.

it's still 6 months before civil war is over. just to soon to confirm or announce anything.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Speedball's not dead? I hadn't heard that.

Though it never made sense to me that an explosion could kill him. Think about what his powers are, people!

Maybe Joe Q looked at the last couple of 'Alpha Flight' series, and decided that Alpha fans should be thrilled *because* there's no new one planned.

- Le Messor
    "A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."
    - Frank Rizzo
    "A liberal is a conservative who has been arrested."
    - Tom Wolfe
    "A Democrat is someone who would be a Republican if he had the money."

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default SPOILERS!

I got NA#20, read it twice now, it's not bad as a springboard for bringing Magneto back. Kind of tied up the Collective/Michael thing, but the resolution (if you can call it that) of killing of Alpha Flight seemed rushed and anti-climatic, especially by Wolverine, who should be aching for some sort of punishment, if you ask me. Instead, Michael is seen as a possible "new super-hero."

I don't get that.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: SPOILERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Instead, Michael is seen as a possible "new super-hero."
    I don't get that.
    Venom
    Juggernaut
    Magneto
    Hawkeye
    Wonder Man
    Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch
    Wild Child
    Diamond Lil
    Puck

Need I go on? And Michael, as a villain, was never acting on his own volition. Unlike most of my list.

- Le Messor
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency, a great soul has simply nothing to do."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

this whole issue confused me. i have no clue whats going on. xorn? where did the collective powers go?

if someone could sum up this issue for those of us with a iq under 40 (i may be lone candidate) it would be much apreciatted

Apparently, Bendis thinks anything thrown into the sun by the Sentry would be destroyed (he also did it with the Void...the Sentry's own creation)...which completely goes against Marvel's theory that the energy from all the depowered mutants has to go somewhere...that it just doesn't disappear into the ether. It's one of the stupidest endings they could have gone with...complete fanboy idiocy. If all else fails...throw it into the sun...

Dana