Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Byrne Alphans

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Then again, given what terrible failures all Canuck characters seem to be as husbands and fathers, that would seem to be the logical conclusion. Ah well, I guess that leaves MM Sr. in good company.
    I dunno. Logan's proven a successful father figure more than once. Mac's only problem was being, well, dead most of the time. Shaman did okay... It's just not easy when your daughter is the weapon of the gods.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I liked the Purple Girl, (AKA Persuasion). The rest all left me cold, even though I tried to give them a chance. And I couldn't stand Wyre either!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So, mos_def, I'm just not sure... How do you feel about Wyre?

I liked most of the v1 Alphans, especially Laura and Goblyn. Jade Dragon, excellent. Others.
    There's some who don't really register with me at all.

Flex was about the only thing I could stand in v2.

Other than Yukon Jack, I liked all the characters (or, at least, their potential) in v3. But I'm one of the few who didn't hate v3 with a passion (but did hate v2 with a passion).

- Le Messor
    "A crisis is just the end of an illusion."
    - Gerald Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    So, mos_def, I'm just not sure... How do you feel about Wyre?

I liked most of the v1 Alphans, especially Laura and Goblyn. Jade Dragon, excellent. Others.
    There's some who don't really register with me at all.

Flex was about the only thing I could stand in v2.

Other than Yukon Jack, I liked all the characters (or, at least, their potential) in v3. But I'm one of the few who didn't hate v3 with a passion (but did hate v2 with a passion).

- Le Messor
    "A crisis is just the end of an illusion."
    - Gerald Weinberg
    the only thing missing from vol 3 was Wyre. I always use or plan to use Zuzha, MMl and Yukon Jack as much as possible in fanfics. Did I say Wyre sucked

I thought vol 2 was great and dealt with alot of things tha AF should
    That and Wyre sucked.

a matter of fact, Im on whatever Civil War side that Wyre is not.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    I thought vol 2 was great and dealt with alot of things tha AF should.
    Sarcasm detector in overload. Was this particular line serious?

Curious. Whether you meant it or not, I suspect some people do.
    It's the exact opposite of how I felt.

I thought v2 got rid of all the things Alpha Flight should deal with; mystical storylines, saving the world, helping people, Alpha Flight. It replaced it with a bunch of stuff Alpha Flight shouldn't deal with; United States' paranoia about its government (still hot off X-Files), bureaucrazy, departmental infighting. Yawn.

- Le Messor
    "A fool and his opinion are seldom parted."

Although I hated Vol 2 with a passion, I did realize that if the book had continued on past the 20 issues at which it ended, it would have cleaned up a lot of the BS left behind from Vol 1. Mac would have been in charge, Dept. H would have been shaken up and the bad elements tossed out, the heroes would have been treated as heroes, etc. Unfortunately, using (almost) an entirely new team of unknowns was a REALLY bad move on the Marvel's part... among others.