Thread: More no news

Default More no news

This comes directly from a prestigious Spanish web specialized in American comic books ( www.zonanegativa.com ). It comes from an interview to Olivier Coipel during a Comic Convention in Barcelona.

ZN- ¿Cual es tu proyecto secreto para Marvel? Estamos seguros que habrá dos nuevos tÃ*tulos, aunque posiblemente sean más, tras la Guerra Civil en Marvel. Uno seria Alpha Flight y otro más que posible sea Thor. ¿Alguna posibilidad de que seas tú el dibujante de alguna de ellas?

OC- (Risas) bueno… No voy a responderte a eso. (Risas) Es eso. Secreto. Vuélveme a preguntar en un rato.

The translation:

ZN: What is your secret project for Marvel? We are sure there will be two new titles out of Civil War, though, probably there will be even more. One would be Alpha Flight and the other will probably be Thor. Is there any possibility you are the artist for one of them?

OC- (Laughs) Well... I'm not going to answer that. (Laughs) That is secret. Ask me again in a while.

The only thing relevant here in my opinion is that the people from the web site take for granted that Alpha Flight will be one of the two new titles to come out of Civil War with even more possibilities than Thor. But I agree with you, this is getting tiring. When will we have an official announcement?

Once again no yes or no, but so many people want a new Alpha Flight series, even in Spain, eh?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

latest from tom b.

Originally Posted by Scratchy
    A guy I know who 'knows too much' but is being, well, not being a jerk, but he knows several writers and artists and even more with Marvel (he's associated with the comic book business, for about 7 years now) and he says they'll push him off a cliff if he says more than, "Alpha Flight has something to do in Civil War". The guy is, OK, never wrong but he is being incredible cryptic and apologetic at the same time. He's off in the Caribbean now and then is off to get married, when I hear from him again I'm hoping he'll have been given the 'OK' to tell me about what he knows about anything with AF but that won't be until September.

"I heard it from a guy" makes it a rumor, and a potential upcoming spoiler (either way--because, confirm or deny, it tells you something about the story that's coming up.)

So wait and see is all I can tell you.

Tom B