Thread: New ideas, maybe

Default New ideas, maybe

I was thinking that maybe, assuming they do have Mac Hudson as alive, that they'll upgrade his suit in a few ways. Here's my thinking:

The Guardian suit hasn't changed ever, and we've seen it torn apart twice lately by Northstar and Postman Mike. Besides, he may be one of only 2-3 survivors of Postman Mike and has a daughter to think of.

So why wouldn't he thicken his garb by a millimeter or 5, increase the power and dynamism of the forcefield, cut down the suit's offence (no more concussive wave as it's no better than the e-m blast, it just takes up space without adding anything), and increase the suit's durability and life. Right now the suit seems to poop out pretty fast in battle, he'd fix that problem!

- So a better force field
    - more endurance
    - keep the electromagnetic projectors, down beam pulse, flare (but lessen the energy available for it), ultrasound beam, graviton beam, and a dispersal beam (maybe drop it, it sounds superfluous given the rest of the suit's capabilities) but drop the concussion wave.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Well Guardian and Guardian III created an electromangetic field around the Hell Pounder protecting Alpha Flight from a nuclear explosion. He always could create a wide spread E-M field

Plus he has also been shown to take full hits from Vindicator II, Human Torch, Windshear, Witchfire and Shaman at the same time and all it did was trigger his computer mind but he was none worse for wear.

He doesn't need an upgrade, they just need a writer ro actually write what he can do same with many members of Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Well Guardian and Guardian III created an electromangetic field around the Hell Pounder protecting Alpha Flight from a nuclear explosion. He always could create a wide spread E-M field

Plus he has also been shown to take full hits from Vindicator II, Human Torch, Windshear, Witchfire and Shaman at the same time and all it did was trigger his computer mind but he was none worse for wear.

He doesn't need an upgrade, they just need a writer ro actually write what he can do same with many members of Alpha Flight.
    Preach it, brother...All Alpha(in general) needs is a good writer, who knows how to handle the characters(Oh...and a mostly Byrne original team line-up....enough with the multitudes of new characters, already!).

As I've mentioned in the past...Most writers have no idea how to write for Mac, so he usually ends up dead or neglected. Byrne killed him off, because he was the least interesting(which was true)....It's unfortunate that even after all the writers that have used him(and all the years he's been around/dead/resurrected/dead/and back again), he's still the least interesting.

Dana

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: New ideas, maybe

I was watching Babylon 5 last night, and one of the captain's comments got to me: "... has been declared dead more times than Lazarus." I thought that was, what, twice at most? "more times than Jean Grey" would've been much funnier.

As in, "Mac's been declared dead more times than Jean Grey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    So why wouldn't he thicken his garb by a millimeter or 5, (...it just takes up space without adding anything)
    So you want to increase the space, and get rid of something that already seems to take up no space at all (really, how much room is there for anything in that suit?) because it takes up too much?
    Hmm... I think you're right, it should be drawn thicker, just for the sake of realism (or more like the Batman Returns batsuit, a techno-looking version of musculature); but thickening the suit itself would do nothing to its protective ability.

- Le Messor
    "A celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness."

The Guardian suit hasn't changed ever, and we've seen it torn apart twice lately by Northstar and Postman Mike.
    Something I don't understand. Isn't the tech now part of his own body since he was messed with by that alien race. I could see Postman Mike taking it apart with his level of power but surely not Northstar. It is still part of his body, isn't it - or has something changed?

Besides, he may be one of only 2-3 survivors of Postman Mike
    Who would you say the other two are? Sasquatch is more than durable enough, judging from past adventures. Who else?

the whole Mac thing is confusing if one is to think that Gentry is the real Mac Hudson. Gentry must have his cybernetic parts still on him.

Quote Originally Posted by reaperbot
    Something I don't understand. Isn't the tech now part of his own body since he was messed with by that alien race. I could see Postman Mike taking it apart with his level of power but surely not Northstar. It is still part of his body, isn't it - or has something changed?
    Yes, it's a part of his body as he is part cyborg. Really the candian flag is merely a costume and he generates the power himself. Writer forgot Mac had a shield and was a cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by reaperbot
    Who would you say the other two are? Sasquatch is more than durable enough, judging from past adventures. Who else?
    Puck, Guardian and Sasquatch all appeared on the Civil War poster.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    the whole Mac thing is confusing if one is to think that Gentry is the real Mac Hudson. Gentry must have his cybernetic parts still on him.
    I wished vol.2 didn't get cancelled so they could have continued that story

Well Puck 1 and 2 are both resistant to harm, as is Major Mapleleaf if he actually has anypowers, and Shaman is crazy powerful. But as Shaman didn't likely cast a protective spell... I'd have to go with Puck 1 and Sasquatch as the other survivors, maybe others. I mean, I have a hard time seeing these powerful superheros die when everybody else and their grandma had a good old time fighting around with the collective. Why was Iron man not brutally destroyed? Guardian could kick his everything. I'm so still bitter about this issue.

I figure Guardian, Puck and Heather survived for sure, maybe everyone but Zuzha and MML, but with Spider-Man being outed they may go for the 'gory' and have only Guardian and Puck survive, I have a hard time guessing.

I do guess Ben knows, but his info is just that confidential. Oh well.

BTW, I figure the 'reborn' team in Civil War #4 will be Heroes for Hire, not Alpha Flight.

The cover to Civil War Files may be the Civil War poster with Guardian and Puck. I doubt they'll appear in it, but....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The cover to Civil War Files may be the Civil War poster with Guardian and Puck. I doubt they'll appear in it, but....
    Yeah, kind of confused about that. Isn't SHIELD being styled as an American and not an international organization of late? Why would they worry about registering Canadian heroes - especially when those heroes are already "registered" by their own government?