Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's build a rogue's gallery...

Well, at least you all liked maybe a couple of my choices for a rogue's gallery... :P

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I'd prefer Jeffries as Box in AF, but Marvel keeps making him look weak-minded and would be better set up now as a weak villain aiding the Hardliners, as I listed them, or some such thing. But who knows?
    Jeffries has the power to have the most potential as a major villain ( Magnito style) but not the motive. What would you say if someone like the Master (perhaps with a name change) somehow stole his power. Would he seem too much like a Mags rip off? That way, Jeffries can return to the box armour sans-powers like his old friend Roger Bochs. With some pre-set transforming options, it could turn into a vehicle or plane without the need of powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    What would you say if someone like the Master (perhaps with a name change) somehow stole his power. Would he seem too much like a Mags rip off? That way, Jeffries can return to the box armour sans-powers like his old friend Roger Bochs. With some pre-set transforming options, it could turn into a vehicle or plane without the need of powers.

Jeffries has the power to have the most potential as a major villain ( Magnito style) but not the motive. What would you say if someone like the Master (perhaps with a name change) somehow stole his power. Would he seem too much like a Mags rip off? That way, Jeffries can return to the box armour sans-powers like his old friend Roger Bochs. With some pre-set transforming options, it could turn into a vehicle or plane without the need of powers.
    Personally I think the Jefferies version of Box was one of the coolest ideas in comics. He's one part DC's Metal Men, one part Iron Man and one part X-men all rolled into one.
    What I would like to see is Madison rescued and deprogrammed only to find himself ostracized by humans for being a super and by mutants for having helped create Neverland. The one person who should stand by him, his wife Diamond Lil, doesn't because she was a victim of the concentration camp he built. With no where left to go he returns to AF and hides away from the world inside the armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    Well it is a Rogues Gallery thread. As much as I love Jeffries, he's way powerful Magnito-like controling metals AND plastics. Having someone so powerful and having no rogues gallery is a major problem. I'm just saying if we have to work with what we got, that'd be a pretty powerful villain. I assume that's why he's always brain washed. Writters know they'll have to always find away around blocking his powers, or else he could always just rip off their armour and choke them with their own belt! Now, having to FACE-OFF against someone with those powers, yet keeping Madison on the good side would be interesting... to me anyway.

If Marvel could just create some new major baddies, then they wouldn't have to go this route. But looking at their regular rogues in the past... like mauvais... well... Drop a metal box on him. Done. Go for beers.

No worries. I just didn't like the idea of giving Madison's powers to the Master, or reducing Madison to a Bochs/Box type character.

If Marvel could just create some new major baddies, then they wouldn't have to go this route. But looking at their regular rogues in the past... like mauvais... well... Drop a metal box on him. Done. Go for beers.
    I could be wrong, but I can't remember a time when Jeffries actually used his powers like this. Can he? I know he turned Courtney inside-out, but would/could he just throw metal around for offensive effect?

There seems to be an impression that Jeffries can do just about anything Magneto can do. But is that true? My understanding is: he can manipulate metal into things, but he isn't a complete psychokinetic like Magneto (i.e. stopping bullets, flinging debris around, moving the Golden Gate Bridge, etc).

I welcome someone to prove me wrong, but I think Jeffries' power is limited to building (or tearing apart) objects. It isn't a directly offensive power - thus his use of the Box armor.

Thoughts?

Well I just assumed seeing how he can lift a ton of junk into the air and build a car out of it, why can't he make a box and just drop it on a baddy? I keep mentioning Magnito because when he first appeared, he was magnetic and had a little force feild, then his force feild was super powerful, then he could fly. It wouldn't take a major tweak to make Jefferies able to drop a pile of junk after lifting it. I'm just saying the potential is there to make his abilities more effective and even more impressive then jumping into a robot (which I admit is still pretty cool).

His brother was a cool villain, but then again, they had to kill him cause really he could turn them into goop at any moment.

New villains are a possibility... but as the mention of Scramble indicates, amybe they should, you know, not get killed off early in their careers?
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    No worries. I just didn't like the idea of giving Madison's powers to the Master, or reducing Madison to a Bochs/Box type character.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember a time when Jeffries actually used his powers like this. Can he? I know he turned Courtney inside-out, but would/could he just throw metal around for offensive effect?

There seems to be an impression that Jeffries can do just about anything Magneto can do. But is that true? My understanding is: he can manipulate metal into things, but he isn't a complete psychokinetic like Magneto (i.e. stopping bullets, flinging debris around, moving the Golden Gate Bridge, etc).

I welcome someone to prove me wrong, but I think Jeffries' power is limited to building (or tearing apart) objects. It isn't a directly offensive power - thus his use of the Box armor.

Thoughts?
    Back in Vol. 1 (I don't have the issue in front of me right now) when Madison was introduced, Roger Bochs said he knew Jefferies' secret and threw a box of metal parts at him. Madison used his powers to stop the metal bits in mid-air and reassemble them into a metal arm which he then moved its hand while it floated there. Off hand I can't think of another example, but when I can get at my books I'll take a look. There may be a weight limit to what he can lift in this way, but that really hasn't been dealt with that I remember.

Of course he could just create a big gun and shoot Mauvais.

If he's going to kill Mauvais he should build a very elaborate death trap.

That would be one really cool advantage to having Jefferies as a villain. He could build some very interesting death traps for Alpha Flight to deal with. I'd imagine someone like Arcade would love to have Jefferies at his disposal, not to mention Doom or some other heavy hitters. Add a downed Plodex spaceship to his arsenal and he'd be a damned formidable foe. I wouldn't want them to parallel Doom too much, but he certainly could. He could have an army of Boxes to do his bidding and a base of operations in the Plodex mothership. You could have a serious multistory arc just dealing with Alpha trying to remove Jefferies and his base from Canadian soil. It'd be tough to fight a living spaceship that could be turned into any weapon or death trap at Jefferies whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Of course he could just create a big gun and shoot Mauvais.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    If he's going to kill Mauvais he should build a very elaborate death trap.
    Okay guys......Excuuuuuuse me, for mentioning Mauvais as a potential villain....sheesh! I was only trying to fill Alpha Flight's pretty empty stable of villainy.

Dana :P

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    That would be one really cool advantage to having Jefferies as a villain. He could build some very interesting death traps for Alpha Flight to deal with. I'd imagine someone like Arcade would love to have Jefferies at his disposal, not to mention Doom or some other heavy hitters. Add a downed Plodex spaceship to his arsenal and he'd be a damned formidable foe. I wouldn't want them to parallel Doom too much, but he certainly could. He could have an army of Boxes to do his bidding and a base of operations in the Plodex mothership. You could have a serious multistory arc just dealing with Alpha trying to remove Jefferies and his base from Canadian soil. It'd be tough to fight a living spaceship that could be turned into any weapon or death trap at Jefferies whim.
    Love this!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Okay guys......Excuuuuuuse me, for mentioning Mauvais as a potential villain....sheesh! I was only trying to fill Alpha Flight's pretty empty stable of villainy.

Dana :P
    My post was only meant as an answer to what Madison's abilities were. It was not meant as an attack on your apparant love for Mauvais. :P As weird as it may be.

I don't "love" Mauvais...I simply see potential for a really nasty, evil villain...that's all.

Dana

I for one Have always thought that Sabretooth would be a great Villian for AF I mean he hates Wolverine so much why not attack his closet friends heather and Mac? that would be awesome we ould even be able to see some great AF Wolverine team-ups