Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's build a rogue's gallery...

Well, Sabes has already tried to kill Mac and Heather(he sent Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red to kill them in the Wolverine series)...so they could already call him an enemy.

Omega Red might be a good recurring villain(Deathstrike too, since she's fought both Puck and Heather...twice now).

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Well, Sabes has already tried to kill Mac and Heather(he sent Lady Deathstrike and Omega Red to kill them in the Wolverine series)...so they could already call him an enemy.
    He also beat Sasquatch ina horriffically lame minseries.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I actually really enjoyed that mini and thought it portrayed Walt quite well.

I have to agree with you I think Walt was quite well written

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I actually really enjoyed that mini and thought it portrayed Walt quite well.
    Sasquatch was not the issue.

The entire damn plot and the writing were the issue.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just hacked because Marvel refuses to treat the Wendigo consistently...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Well If someone can write the wendigo properly I think that that would be a great Alpha Flight Villian especially if one of AF's own turned into one

Yeah but who in Alpha Flight would eat another human? I can't see it! Make Wendigo a foe...no problem. Make Puck a drunken, midget, cannibal with white fur.....horrible! Wendigo should be Sasquatch's main nemesis, just because the battles would be so frickin' cool!

How about a foe for Northstar and Aurora who could actually manipulate time? F-stop for five second and move Northstar so he's about to slam into a building.

Shaman(Talisman)'s and Snowbird's nemeses should remain the Great Beasts.

Puck's major foe should be Department H. He was starting to gumshoe at the end of Vol.2. He should go after the big fish in Dept. H.

Mac and Heather should have to deal with some of the bad choices they made for team members. By this I mean deal with the consequences of the unstable members (Jefferies, Wild Child, Goblyn, etc.) he could reform a few of them, but others should remain villains indefinitely.

You still have that little freak, Mar, around from V3 also. He could become bent on global domination when his heritage kicks in.

I enjoyed their bouts with the Zodiac, also. I wish that would have gone somewhere.

The problem is most of those listed are individuals or for an individual. Alpha Flight needs a foe like the Zodiac that is just theirs. A team they match up well against. Similar to their creation to be a counter for the X-Men. Ideas? I have none.

One of the great things about the Byrne-era was that he didn't try to cram every issue with every character. Having 2-4 heroes per story meant you could have one tough villain.

As soon as the number of heroes per story increase, you either need a) much tougher villains or b) more villains per story.

I think more heroes + more villains = poor character development. Just look at X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

(Of course, more heroes + no villains = crappy story. Just look at Alpha Flight vol 3.

I find that villain teams are usually all "concept," and the individual villains aren't very interesting because they are just filler for the concept. (Virgo? What could she do? What did she want? Oh yeah: the Zodiac. Gotta have a "virgo" character.)

I think the point of all this is: I don't really like super-villain teams. I think they are fine as a temporary story concept (like AF#12 or 24), but not for the long term. Teamwork + super-villainy isn't very plausible.

A villain can have his goons (Deadly Ernest) or robots (Jeffries) or reality-altering psycho-ship (the Master). Good 'nuff.

But super-villain teams usually just reduce some super-villains to the status of goons for the big super-villain. Then we all wonder why the "little" super-villains don't have any character development.

I would prefer that vol 4 stick to 1 or 2 villains per story, just so each villain's motives and character can get a chance to "breathe." Then we aren't left with questions like "Flashback? What did he want, anyway?"

But we do know what drove Flashback, Diamond Lil, Wild Child, etc...when they first joined Omega Flight. There really aren't any questions, where they are concerned.

They were angry at being left out after Dept. H closed and Delphine Courtney used that (in concert with the "Influencer"...probably some sort of mild chemical or technological mind control) to get them to join the group (turning them against Mac and AF). Yes, they in effect became Lackeys or Goons for Jaxon and Courtney....but we know exactly why they were there.

Dana

yea if they just spotlighted a few AF members an issue save the annuals and like every 12 or so issues it would be great, AF would even be able to have hydra as an enemy with northstars history, and it would be awesome if they made hydra bring back deadly ernest that would make sense especially if nemesis was part of the team, hyrda and af would have some great stories if enough thought were brought into it, with the civil war coming soon that would be awesome if cap teamed up and even joined af, that would actually get people who are avengers fans to check it out, wolverine ditching new avengers and x-men for AF too would be awesome just think Cap, now known simply as the captain again, with a sheild with the mapleleaf on it teming up with mac, they would butt heads and would be an awesome thought for cap to fight guardian for control of AF

I always thought Tannaraq should make a return. One thought I had harkened back to the Infinity War. Magus made all those evil duplicates of various heroes, including Sasquatch. We also had the Six-Armed Evil Spider-man hanging about for a while after Infinity War, so why not have Tanny take over the Evil Squatch body?

Maybe all this time he's been hiding out in the Northern Wilderness, building a cult of followers around himself as part of a plan to reopen the gateway to the Great Beasts Realm. Now that he's ready to move, his first plan of action is to remove potential obstacles, such as Snowbird and that meddeling human that dares wear his visage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real McCoy
    Well If someone can write the wendigo properly I think that that would be a great Alpha Flight Villian especially if one of AF's own turned into one
    I had been thinking how Wild Child, back when he was more psychotic, could easily have become the Wendigo. Even as Weapon Omega he was having problems controlling himself, most notably when he found himself in the wilds with blood on his hands and he had to check to make sure it wasn't human.
    In Weapon X his animalistic nature was brought out again. Remember when he was used to sniff out a traitor then tore the guy's throat out with his teeth? If someone had to be the next Wendigo I would vote for Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    I always thought Tannaraq should make a return. One thought I had harkened back to the Infinity War. Magus made all those evil duplicates of various heroes, including Sasquatch. We also had the Six-Armed Evil Spider-man hanging about for a while after Infinity War, so why not have Tanny take over the Evil Squatch body?
    Well Tanaraq did make an apperance in Exiles not to long ago, and raised some hell actually