Thread: AF on Project Rooftop

Default AF on Project Rooftop

I don't really like what he did with Guardian, but the other characters look good.

Can't say I like any of them.

I generally dislike it when Sasquatch's eyebrows start looking like horns, like they do here. Guardian doesn't look like anything at all; he could just as well be Sergeant Singapore or Captain Peru. Shaman looks silly, not "a little more authentic."

All the rest just look like change for the sake of change.

[/everybody's a critic]

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default It sucked!

Words can't describe how bad it sucked. The illustrations over here are ten times better...at least.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I certainly like the cartoonie style, prefering it to overly realistic Heavy Metal-style art, but as for the costumes... no. Not my cup'o joe.

Cute. Reminds me of those kiddy Teletoon cartoons. Even if they drew a show like that and it was for children, hell, I'd still watch it.

I don't think it's all that bad. If a show like that was on Saturday morning I'd watch it.

I don't really like the Shaman, but I could live with the rest if it were a Saturday Morning show.

I don't dig it at all.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Shaman's costume could be used to scare of some "Darn meddling kids!"

MM

I can't honestly say that I like any of the redesigns...Guardian is too generic(where's the Mapleleaf???!!!), Shaman looks far too goofy(and I agree with you, MM...he's very "Scooby Doo"), Why put Aurora in red(or pink?...that makes little sense to me), I'm not fond of Snowbird's "yellow snow" look or Puck's weird, fetishist all-over body suit either.

Dana

I can see where they're coming from and can appreciate the style but blah... The Sas hasn't changed much, Aurora's just pink for no reason at all, Guardian looks troo sinister and un-Canadian, I really don't get why Snowbird's turned into Photon/Capt. Marvel, Shaman looks like he's from Taz-Mania, and don't get me started on Puck...