Thread: Oh No, Not Again

Default Oh No, Not Again

It sounds like Marvel hasn't learned a damn thing from the last two incarnations of AF:

http://www.comicworldnews.com/cgi-bi...ines&page=1172

If this is true, I'm debating about whether I'll pick up the new series.

Have to say if this is it, then I'm really not interested. Looks like they still haven't learned. I know shocking isn't it? Only good thing that could come out of this is setting up the return of the classic team when the Americans head back south after Civil War. Maybe I'll hop on at that point.

isn't that based on a old lying in the gutters article?

i think mark millar already debunked that. well at least the captain america part.

Like I've said before so long as the name Alpha Flight is on the cover I'll be buying it.

EDIT: That rumor seems like it's based on old rumor. Even more of a reason to not believe it.

I doubt there will actually be a "series" about this new team, unless it's a mini. Not to mention, it will only last as long as "Civil War" does. I still won't be buying it...It has huge sales flop written all over it(I mean...who really wants to buy a series with Captain America leading a team of heroes based in Canada?).

Dana

This is Rich's debunked rumour. Millar flat out said that Captain America isn't leaving the U.S. and that, beyond that, he was setting up AF for a relaunch, not major retooling. He didn't debunk the rumour so much that there would be no Americans in Alpha Flight, but he made it clear, Captain America isn't running away and Alpha Flight isn't going to create a team out of deserters.

This is just blarney being spread thinner...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

This rumor never made any sense. Some American heroes flee US control, then come and join a Canada-controlled Alpha Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch
    This rumor never made any sense. Some American heroes flee US control, then come and join a Canada-controlled Alpha Flight?
    No one ever said the US heroes join AF or any other Canadian gov't orginization. What was said is there will be a non-Alpha Alpha Flight. Or in other words, there will be a group of heroes in Canada. After all, AF wasn't always a gov't run group so why should this new one have to be?

So a bunch of American heroes move to Canada and call themselves Alpha Flight. But unless a few Alphans quit the real AF to join the phony AF, it has nothing to do with AF?

Like I said, this rumor makes no sense. Glad it's been debunked.

So a bunch of American heroes move to Canada and call themselves Alpha Flight. But unless a few Alphans quit the real AF to join the phony AF, it has nothing to do with AF?

Like I said, this rumor makes no sense. Glad it's been debunked.
    No, no one said they call themselves AF. What the article is saying is that a number of American heroes move to Canada and start a new super group. Hence (if this is true) why Joe Q and co. are calling the series a non-AF Alpha Flight. Nor did anyone say any of the original AFers would be a part of it either (at least not that I remember), and the only thing that's been debunked is that Cap would be the one to lead the group.

Then why are you so unhappy? It's not called Alpha Flight, it probably won't contain members of Alpha Flight, and has nothing to do with Alpha Flight (other than being in Canada). So who cares?

I think you're all worked up over nothing.

Then why are you so unhappy? It's not called Alpha Flight, it probably won't contain members of Alpha Flight, and has nothing to do with Alpha Flight (other than being in Canada). So who cares?

I think you're all worked up over nothing.
    I'm unhappy, because, yet again, it seems we've been jerked around by TPTB at Marvel. They promise a new AF in some form, only for it to turn out not to have anything to do with AF in any way whatsoever, except for the backdrop. If they're not going to come out with a new series involving the original AF members, then they shouldn't get fans' hopes up with all these cryptic statements. Joe Q should come out and say there is no new book featuring AF and stop wasting my time. You may not be bothered by it, but I have no patience for that kind of idiocy.

Well, one of them Marvel folks (JQ?!) did say that there would be no new AF. Of course, that person also followed that statement by saying that AF fans were going to love it.

No one seems too partial for this "AmeriFlight" idea.

It seems to me that, a)we are NOT going to see a bunch of strangers or Yanks running around calling themselves AF, and b) that AF fans will be pleased with whats forthcoming.

As to what that might be... well, all I can say is don't watch the kettle boil folks. There will be plenty of time for frustration and warrented contempt once we see the product.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I'm unhappy, because, yet again, it seems we've been jerked around by TPTB at Marvel. They promise a new AF in some form, only for it to turn out not to have anything to do with AF in any way whatsoever, except for the backdrop.
    Ah, yes, that old chestnut. As they have done twice before.

[quote="Legerd"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowsquatch[quote="Powersurge
    There will be plenty of time for frustration and warrented contempt once we see the product.
    Literal LOL! there.

- Le Messor
    The Doctor: "Never think it'll turn out for the worst, until you know all the facts. Then you can think it'll turn out for the worst."
    Romana: "What if it turns out for the best?"
    The Doctor: "Don't be ridiculous. It always turns out for the worst."