Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Good News for Guardian Fans

Default Possible Good News for Guardian Fans

Hello,

I got an advanced look at the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe coming out the week of 5/30/06. It has a very detailed history of Guardain/James Hudson. And of course, at the end it mentions the "battle" with the Colletive. But, it does say that he was one of a few members that was (and I quote) "seemingly killed" in the fight. I've noticed in the past that the Handbook tries to stay pretty current and detailed. If he was dead for sure, I think it would be conclusively stated. So, this could be an indication that (at least) Guardian is still alive without giving any future plot points away.

BTH

Bah! Unless Heather, MIchael, Walter and Eugene are alive, my bloodlust will not be appeased.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Keep your fingers crossed. [-o<

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    Bah! Unless Heather, MIchael, Walter and Eugene are alive, my bloodlust will not be appeased.
    I'm with you, T!

Dana

If there is one thing for certain it's that you just can't keep Mac dead.

I'd really rather he had stayed dead, than have writers continually bring him back in bad storylines...I know a few others feel the same(or similar). Not to mention, he is still the least interesting of all the Alpha Flight characters...Even with all the deaths and resurrections, no writer has ever really touched on how he feels being trapped in this cycle. I think that's really sad, since it would definitely give great depth to his character.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I'd really rather he had stayed dead, than have writers continually bring him back in bad storylines...
    I agree

Not to mention, he is still the least interesting of all the Alpha Flight characters...
    He is not my favorite, but I do think others alphans are as or less interesting than he. Manbot for example or MML1 or Wyre for example(I know some are going to disagree here, I wonder why...?).

Even with all the deaths and resurrections, no writer has ever really touched on how he feels being trapped in this cycle. I think that's really sad, since it would definitely give great depth to his character.
    For that I totally agree and not only for him, but for Heather and all his loved ones, how do they deal with it?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I have never been a Heather or Mac fan, though the concept of Guardian (and to a lesser extent Vindicator) I like. Alpha FLight should have a Guardian but not Mac or Heather, someone who is more than just a suit. Remains to be seen. Hard to see why no writer ever went into why Mac died so much, or his cyborg nature, such as it is.

BTW, Marvel is supposed to give out details of their plans for a while, mostly X-Men centered. I wonder if AF will warrant a mention? Or will it be the usual dodge
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Anyway scans of any Alpha Flight mention in this handbook? my comicstore didn't carry any today.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Anyway scans of any Alpha Flight mention in this handbook? my comicstore didn't carry any today.
    I flipped through it yesterday. There wasn't anything too spectacular. A regular Guardian pic, one with his "battle armour" (ugh) and a tiny one as anti-guard. He did get 3 pages of writing though, if IRC.

Was Guardian the only Alpha Flight character mentioned?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________/\_______/\/\___/\/\__/\/\__

I got a pulse. he lives again. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Mac is the real Mr I.

LOL....Yes he is, MD. Mungi, Madison Jeffries is in the Handbook too.

Something weird...Jack O' Lantern is on the cover and next issue's cover, but he's only in this issue.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Something weird...Jack O' Lantern is on the cover and next issue's cover, but he's only in this issue.

Dana
    There's a reason for that. You do realize that there's been more than one character to use the name "Jack O'Lantern" in the past, and one has started using a different name . . .

Well can someone get the scans of their bios? so I don't have to order the handbook just for them. Please and thank you