Thread: What Alpha needs

Default What Alpha needs

Hello all. Im finally back into the swing of things after straightening out my real life situation. I see alot of things have happened-ala the big news with Ben and two new mods-congrats guys. The new Alphanex-King Mungi always proven to be resourceful

Anyways, I think the one thing that Alpha really needs with all their power amd members is someone with psionic abilities-preferably a telepath. Our members have been messed around with so much- the whole team could possibly go to X Mansion for some help (hypothetically cuz of spoilers). What do you guys think. Is there an ability that you think Alpha needs?

I dunno... with the right lineup, Alpha has a backlog of members to handle just about any threat....
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I agree whole heartedly but lets say we battle Shadow King, or lets just say half our roster has been mentally tampered (wow, theres a thought) could we handle them.I say no. I love the team and I know whatever lineup they put in vol4 will be great (as long as it is serious nature) but it was just a thought I had.

BTW, trans- thanks for the X3 info

Not a bad idea mos_def. A telepath may be limited on offence but could help immensely on defence. Both Persuasion and Witchfire have potential as mind-protectors. Protect the team fighters so they can win.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

mos, I've always thought Alpha needed a telepath. It's one of the few things manqué on the team.

- Le Messor
    "Everybody who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

I've always thought Shaman could just cast a telepathy spell, if he needed it.

Or have Talisman protect everybody.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Shaman seems to have made a vow not to tamper with the human mind,
    but I doubt that Talisman would have any reservations, if it were necessary.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Didn't Xavier also vow to never mess with peoples heads?

What Alpha needs is:

1. A writer capable of presenting memorable villains;
    2. A writer interested in continuity and classic AF characters; and
    3. A writer not interested in government conspiracies, the Plodex, time travel, new mutant recruits, or re-inventing Puck (again).

Maybe AF needs a telepath, but I suspect Marvel will require a telepath before they finally figure out what AF fans really want.

I always liked the fact that Alpha was telepathically vulnerable.

Remember the attack by Rachel Summers in X-Men/Alpha The Gift?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Alpha Flight actually has members that can block telepathy, such as Guardian, Aurora. Hell Persuasion can mind link with people

Also Witchfire, Talisman, and even Shaman have telepathy abilities
    1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Witchfire
    2. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Talisman
    3. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Shaman