Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Default X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Has anyone else here seen "X-Men3: The Last Stand"? I saw it in the theater last night --a full house! Without giving anything away, I'd say that this is propbably the best of the "X-Men" movies.

And what a cast of mutants! The Beast; Jamie Madrox (who provides a clever plot twist I won't reveal here); Juggernaut; Leech; Calisto; and more! And a special appearance by Moira MacTaggert, (whom I've always liked, and miss from the "X-Men" book). Afterward, when I was leaving the mall where I saw the movie, I overheard a group of teenage boys discussing the movie as they were passing by, ("And who was that multiple guy supposed to be....?").

While watching this movie, I couldn't help but think about what the "Wolverine" spin-off movie would be like. Seeing the blue make-up on Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy, got me to thinking of how another actor might look as Sasquatch. That is, if our favorite heroes get to be in it!

See, I hated this flick... 2 out of 5. Waaaay too many out of character moments, and a rushed feel do not make me a happy camper.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I too thought it was the worst out of the three. The previous two being well directed. The 1 n 2 director went off and did Superman so I guess that is why there was a different feel to it. If anyone saw the extra clip after the credits (which I heard after I watched the movie) can you please private message me and tell me what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    If anyone saw the extra clip after the credits (which I heard after I watched the movie) can you please private message me and tell me what happened.
    me too!

As for me, #2 is my favorite. I like the last one but, yes there are minor elements, that got me.
    Spoiler

Like I think Cyclops went too fast, the body count is also too high. There is missing someconclusions to the story like what happened to Mystique. And I like my magneto not anti-human, but ready to do anything for mutants. So, I thought it was pretty stupid of him to leave Mystique behind. I smiled when they talked about MPD. I said Hey! that's Aurora characteristic

But over all a good movie and a good watch.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I maybe wrong here but is Juggernaut a mutant? I don't think he is yet in this movie they portray him as one. That was lame.

This was easily the worst of the 3 films. Without spoiling anything the way certain plot points went seemed almost as afterthoughts.

What did everyone think after sitting through the credits? Here's what I thought...

I didn't sit through the credits, as I was in a hurry to leave, (no fault of the movie, though). But, after reading various spoilers, I wish I had stayed. Now, I'll have to wait for the DVD to see it. I'm not paying $9.50 to sit through this movie again!

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I maybe wrong here but is Juggernaut a mutant? I don't think he is yet in this movie they portray him as one. That was lame.

This was easily the worst of the 3 films. Without spoiling anything the way certain plot points went seemed almost as afterthoughts.

What did everyone think after sitting through the credits? Here's what I thought...
    Lady Deathstike was a mutant in X2(she's not supposed to be one either)...I'll wait til I see it before I condemn it.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I thought this was a fun, but flawed, movie. I really don't think it was as bad as some are saying, it just had some frustratingly underdeveloped moments and wasted opportunities (for example, using the enemy they did in the Danger Room more or less halts that villain from being effectively used in a future movie).

However I loved how they made Juggernaut a mutant. I saw this with a person who's read zero comics in her life, and for her having Juggernaut be a mutant made perfect sense. Afterwards I explained that in the comic he was really empowered by a mystical gem and I got about five words into it before her eyes rolled and she asked the very sensible question "what does that have to do with the X-Men?"

A half century of comic stories by a hundred writers is one thing, but this is a change that I feel made every bit of sense for the film continuity.

The only problem with this movie that I saw was...

SPOILER!!!

How quick Jean/Phoenix killed Scott. I wasn't 100% sure she HAD killed him, until the credits started rolling. That, and using Mystique as a cannonfodder just to get her out of the film faster - sure it made a good plot point, but I'd rather have seen Madrox get it (the guy who played him stunk).

But the other things (Juggernaut as a mutant, Phoenix as Jean's multiple personality, even the death of ... well, we don't want TOO many spoilers!) wasn't too bad for me. (although am I the only one who noticed that Magneto looked constipated when he was moving the Golden Gate?? Why not use Jean's super-level Telekinesis??)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    The only problem with this movie that I saw was...

SPOILER!!!

How quick Jean/Phoenix killed Scott. I wasn't 100% sure she HAD killed him, until the credits started rolling.
    SPOILER!!!

It never really 100% showed him die... soooooo that's left open to interpritation for if/when there is another movie.

Also, ANYOTHER SPOILER.. KINDA...was Magnito playing chess with Charles mind at the end?

I think it was more his MEMORY than with his mind. Basically, the only thing he had left was chess, with his best friend and powers gone
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

SPOILER

It was neither, he used his powers to move the chess piece which means, as is usual for Marvel, nothing's permanent.

Spoilertastic...

And as we saw, Charles' mind was otherwise occupied.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

One complaint I do have is the pointless teen drama they drew up between Kitty, Bobby, and Rogue. If I wanted to watch lame teen drama I'll watch the WB or Fox. I don't need it in an X-men film.

SPOILEROONI

Charles conscious being placed inside that other mans body is such a cop out that I'm surprised they got away with it in the final draft.

They changed the fact that Beast mutation turned him blue, but it was an accident that caused his transformation.