Thread: Byrne draws Alpha Flight again...

Default Byrne draws Alpha Flight again...

Someone ordered a commission (20" x 30") of the battle between X-Men & Alpha Flight in Uncanny 121.

A larger version at Byrne's website:

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...=1&totPosts=51

Man, that is SOOO SWEET, I can't wait for it to be colored too!

MM

That is awesome. I just want to know where people are getting the money for these commissions.

Not a great color job but here's a quick color version I did:

Great job! Very accurate colouring IMO.

I wonder is they'll use AF much in Civil War? Maybe with so much talk, Millar has something special up his sleeve and these drawings are part of the 'promo' push, from left field? Wild speculation by me.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

thats a GREAT coloring job. You doo that as a hobby. You should hook up with Shaman (who draws)

Gosh, each time one of these pops up it makes me more and more excited for the day I can afford to commission my own piece... sad that it is before Puck, but overall a very nice work to be sure. It'd be nice to see some of the combat mixed up a little though, just for fun, see how Snowbird'd handle someone different like Colossus, with Sasquatch against Cyke or something.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

That is an awesome coloring job. Thanks for sharing it.

After very carefully studying this piece, I notice Snowbird's cape looks more like feathered wings. It appears as if she's partially transformed into an owl, or is in the process of transforming. It's also almost as if Byrne forgot that she wears a cape and mistakenly drew her with wings.

Otherwise I love the artwork, especially how Vindicator's EM field overlaps itself near his helmet as his fist approaches it. Nice touch. And a great coloring job!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

nah, byrne said she was right in the middle of transforming.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    After very carefully studying this piece, I notice Snowbird's cape looks more like feathered wings. It appears as if she's partially transformed into an owl, or is in the process of transforming. It's also almost as if Byrne forgot that she wears a cape and mistakenly drew her with wings.

Otherwise I love the artwork, especially how Vindicator's EM field overlaps itself near his helmet as his fist approaches it. Nice touch. And a great coloring job!

Love,
    rplass
    Looks quite a bit like the feathery cape Ed Northcott put on her in his rendition of the character!