Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What could have been; AF, Liefeld and Cable

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

A lot of people around here love Rouleau's artwork.

They're all people who aren't me, but there's a few.

- Le Messor
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I like it but he still is the comic killer. He did XFactor and bam-cancelled
    AF-BAM- cancelled
    He did this thing with some kid with necnoites inhis hands and I dont see that book anymore.
    I liked all the arcs he drew for with plots and stuff but cancellations just seems to follow him

I liked Rouleau art because of the dynamismhe got into the book, but mostly, with him, it was obvious Seagle had fun writting AF again, with Clark(I think, that was the name) It was obvious Seagle had problems with the the stories reflected that.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I think Duncan is the Ted McGinnley of Marvel artists, he's a sign the comic has jumped the shark and is on it's way to cancellation.

To put it as politely as possible...Liefeld's memory seems hazy.

He started with New Mutants #87, didn't he?

Alpha was not cancelled at that time. Publication month of March, 1990 saw AF #82 and NM #87.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I'm one of those who never cared for Duncan's artwork. It hurt my eyes! I stuck with the book through the headaches though!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24

Alpha was not cancelled at that time. Publication month of March, 1990 saw AF #82 and NM #87.
    Alpha was in a bit of a slump at the time, they may have been looking to get a fresh creative team on the book.

But also, Liefeld tends to remember everything the opposite way of what everyone else thinks. I've read his forum occasionally (seeing how that's the limit of his creative output)

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24

#87 was intro of Cable issue. Liefeld joined NM with #86 (although the 1989 annual, #5, was probably his first NM issue chronologically) but that doesn't negate your point which was triggered by something that left me scratching my head too.

He might've been thinking that Alpha Flight had gone direct-sales-only but it had done that long before that time frame as I recall.