Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men #190

Default X-Men #190

X-MEN #190

Cover

Written by Mike Carey, pencils and cover by Chris Bachalo.

"Supernovas," part 3 of 6. Northstar and Aurora are back! Awoken by a mysterious new threat, the twins have been let loose in the Xavier Mansion, leaving a path way of destruction and death. Their mission: Kill Sabretooth!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Aug. 23.
    ===================================
    So who's not gonna get this [/url]
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Why is it that every time they come back they're on some evil mission from mind-controlling aliens?

Ah well, face time for two AFers and maybe Civil War #4 has AF too. We'll see what spills out, but 'evil twins' won't become heroes I'm betting.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Really weird cover, if no one minds me saying.

While I'll stay glued for a sum-up by those who read it regularly, I'm still not picking this book back up.

And at least someone will be happy at the selected target.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Default Re: X-Men #190

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    X-MEN #190

Cover

Written by Mike Carey, pencils and cover by Chris Bachalo.

"Supernovas," part 3 of 6. Northstar and Aurora are back! Awoken by a mysterious new threat, the twins have been let loose in the Xavier Mansion, leaving a path way of destruction and death. Their mission: Kill Sabretooth!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Aug. 23.
    ===================================
    So who's not gonna get this [/url]
    What do they men by 'awoken'?

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default R.I.P. Alpha Flight....

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    Why is it that every time they come back they're on some evil mission from mind-controlling aliens?
    Because, now that "Alpha Flight" has finally been killed, they are going to be remade as villains. IMO

New Aurora: (Weapon X) *errorist
    New Northstar: Resurrected zombie-killer
    New Puck: Drunk and disorderly

I find it strange that neither Snowbird, Earthmover, nor Talisman were among the Alpha Flighters who got bumped off in NA# 16. Not that I wanted them to, it seems so...calculated and arbitrary at the same time.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: R.I.P. Alpha Flight....

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Because, now that "Alpha Flight" has finally been killed, they are going to be remade as villains. IMO
    Remember, no on from that issue has actually been named as dead, and several creators have said that for the most part they are not.

New Aurora: (Weapon X) *errorist
    New Northstar: Resurrected zombie-killer
    New Puck: Drunk and disorderly
    That drunk Puck was from unlimited, meaning that it could have been at any point in AF history. He was shown to have been in a drunken stupor in AF vol.2 #1. The comments about having no team ect. fits in that timeline, not in current continuity.

I find it strange that neither Snowbird, Earthmover, nor Talisman were among the Alpha Flighters who got bumped off in NA# 16. Not that I wanted them to, it seems so...calculated and arbitrary at the same time.
    It was calculated. Those issues were meant to accomplish something, which they did. Just how that will play out will be shown in time, but again the AF members are most likely not all dead, if any are it will be few (IMO)

Ben

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Ben, I'm glad you're back...

NA# 16 has it both ways for MARVEL...and I guess that's as it should be: "Alpha Flight" is dead; long live Alpha Flight. As has been mentioned, there are at least two versions of AF, and one of them is expendable. I don't have a clue which one (Plodex or non-Plodex?) was in NA# 16. And while I initially found vol. 3 entertaining as stories, none of them---old characters, new characters, Plodex characters, boring characters---are the real Alpha Flight....

...that opinion probably won't persuade anybody otherwise, and that's okay because I'll read the next version of Alpha Flight, whether it's in a new series or someone else's series, though I hope it's a bit more substantive appearance than a token cameo just to sucker a sale or two.

Bachalo and X-Men # 189 and 190. I'll be there.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Ben, I'm glad you're back...

I don't have a clue which one (Plodex or non-Plodex?) was in NA# 16.
    The team shown in that issue was pretty much exactly as Lobdell left it; the Earth-bound version, at least. Look at his sum-up at the end of v3, compare it to the team in NA #16; the ones with the team are on the ice, the ones who left aren't.

And while I initially found vol. 3 entertaining as stories, none of them---old characters, new characters, Plodex characters, boring characters---are the real Alpha Flight....
    Agreed.

- Le Messor
    Buffy: "Besides, I can just tell something is wrong. My spider sense is tingling."
    Giles: "Your spider sense?
    Buffy: "Pop culture reference. Sorry."

Default Re: Ben, I'm glad you're back...

NA# 16 has it both ways for MARVEL...and I guess that's as it should be: "Alpha Flight" is dead; long live Alpha Flight. As has been mentioned, there are at least two versions of AF, and one of them is expendable. I don't have a clue which one (Plodex or non-Plodex?) was in NA# 16. And while I initially found vol. 3 entertaining as stories, none of them---old characters, new characters, Plodex characters, boring characters---are the real Alpha Flight....

...that opinion probably won't persuade anybody otherwise, and that's okay because I'll read the next version of Alpha Flight, whether it's in a new series or someone else's series, though I hope it's a bit more substantive appearance than a token cameo just to sucker a sale or two.

Bachalo and X-Men # 189 and 190. I'll be there.
    I really don't think Marvel cares about the two AF theory. After all, then there'd be 4 Beaubiers and we'd be speculating on which pair shows up in Uncanny 189. It's comics, they can say the magic that brought AF to the present was false, or that it was just a story idea and that who cares, there is only one 616 Shaman et al.

In other words, there is no AF in space or on Plodex world, there is only the one set, that set fought the mail guy with too many powers in New Avengers, we have no idea who lived. Whatever Marvel does with them will in every way completely ignore the 'two AF' wind-up to Lobdell's AF.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Again, Alpha Flight continuity sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I really don't think Marvel cares about the two AF theory... [Good! ] It's comics, they can say the magic that brought AF to the present was false, or that it was just a story idea and...who cares...

In other words, there is no AF in space or on Plodex world, there is only the one set, that set fought the mail guy with too many powers in New Avengers, we have no idea who lived. Whatever Marvel does with them will in every way completely ignore the 'two AF' wind-up to Lobdell's AF.
    I hope they ignore the whole 12-issue run. Like the art, but stories don't fit established continuity.

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Again, Alpha Flight continuity sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I really don't think Marvel cares about the two AF theory... [Good! ] It's comics, they can say the magic that brought AF to the present was false, or that it was just a story idea and...who cares...

I hope they ignore the whole 12-issue run. Like the art, but stories don't fit established continuity.
    I could see some amusing situations coming out of not ignoring the whole run though... Not to mention the anger puck would feel if he knew his daughter got slaughtered...

In the Guardian entry in the A-Z handbook they state AF that was in space returned home from the Plodex homeworld. Meaning it was the real Alpha Flight that fought the Collective.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Not to mention the anger puck would feel if he knew his daughter got slaughtered...
    Well, he was kinda right there when it happened! Not the sort of thing a battle-hardened vet would miss.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    In the Guardian entry in the A-Z handbook they state AF that was in space returned home from the Plodex homeworld. Meaning it was the real Alpha Flight that fought the Collective.
    That just doesn't make sense. The Alpha that fought the Collective was the team that would've been, if the last couple of 'let's sum up the future in three panels' panels were accurate. Not the team from space.

- Le Messor
    "A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
    - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    That just doesn't make sense. The Alpha that fought the Collective was the team that would've been, if the last couple of 'let's sum up the future in three panels' panels were accurate. Not the team from space.

- Le Messor
    "A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
    - Adlai Stevenson
    I know I thought it was the temporal copies, but apparently the handbook states it was the real deal.