Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joe Friday 21/04/06

This was posted on Joe Friday's today...

NRAMA: “Scratchy” - Will we get to know some concrete news on the 'thrilling' series (for Alpha Flight fans, Canadians, et al) by July 1, Canada Day? An image of the new book, or a concrete item stating (roundabout) how/why it'll be welcomed by Alpha Flight fans old and new?

JQ: Scratchy, no, unfortunately, no good news for our Canadian fans by July 1. My gut tells me that our Canadian brethren should receive news of their much beloved team sometime before or around January 1, which, I’ve been told, is the Canadian New Year? You Canadians and your wacky holidays, go figure

MM

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I just like the bit about that wacky Canadian New Year.

So...If Civil War ends around December...we probably won't see anything of AF till next year, anyway.

Dana

seems about right. after civil war, and long enough after series 3 that people will forget it existed.

On or before January 1, to me, sounds more like the denials that Speedball survived Civil War. Hence, Alpha Flight news will appear before January 1 2007 for sure. Might as well stay optimistic.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Don't know if anyone read Joe Friday's today. I know, same old crapola but at least it's still a possibility:

"Oh, hey, before I go, Jim McCann just pointed out that post-Civil War we have at least three new titles beginning that use the name of past titles. That's kind of cool, I love making use of the old stuff." -JQ

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...Fridays04.html

from comic-con. joe q panel:

A future story in Civl War: Frontline will involve a group of foreign superheroes standing in protest of the registration act and the government's response to the protest.

maybe. maybe not.

I'm pretty confident one of the new titles will the the Alpha Flight one, and the team in Front Line will be Alpha Flight related too. Just a feeling.

Live it.

Quesada then flashed slides with teases of new titles… no art, just these titles – “Loners”, “Silent War”, and “Marvel Comics Presents”.
    So far San Diego has been a major bust. I doubt any of these three reference AF, but I can't find any news from San Diego that even remotely could be AF.

Seems San Diego may turn out to be a total waste for us.

Live it.

There's still the Mondo Marvel panel tomorrow, but I'm guessing we won't get anything concrete about AF yet.

MM

I don't know why people expected it to, we were told we wouldn't hear anything till the end of the year at least.

I guess it's because Joe Q. said 'on or before January 1' that we'd get news. But Alpha Flight fans are a hardy lot.

And now I found this from Tom B. at comixfan:

Originally Posted by Scratchy
    Now that San Diego con is on I'm hoping for some good news, or news at all, about the new Alpha Flight-related comic.

Sorry to let you down, but I don't think you'll be hearing any ALPHA FLIGHT-related news out of San Diego.

Tom B
    Oh well.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    "Oh, hey, before I go, Jim McCann just pointed out that post-Civil War we have at least three new titles beginning that use the name of past titles. That's kind of cool, I love making use of the old stuff." -JQ
    This is a BUMP for this thread, because I notice the writer of the Alpha Flight one-shot was talking about AF way back then.

- Le Messor
    "How is Angel? Pretend I care."
    ~ Xander

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    This is a BUMP for this thread, because I notice the writer of the Alpha Flight one-shot was talking about AF way back then.
    Nice! Back before he was even writing for Marvel and was just one of their PR suits.

Considering it bumped. Nice catch, Mik!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/