Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Avengers #18

I'll take note of the fact that the bald-headed cripple who draws far too much attention is not featured among the faces or the aphabetical list, and while one might say there would be identification under Charles (which admittedly would be featured right after a name at a bottom of a column), seeing as they are using codenames in Vision's files, I would more likely expect to see him listed under Professor. Further trickery I sense. Ah, and now upon a better examination of the full page I see that even under Chamber, no Charles appears. LIAR!!! LIAR!!!

And my God... he has Beak's powers! What hope remains for the Marvel Universe?

On the subject of Black Tom... I read New Excalibur but haven't had a chance to actually see the latest issues... so he actually does use his powers? Or does he just show up? I heard that he was at least reverted to his normal appearance...

And the New Avengers are dumber than I thought... it really took them that long to assess that this was a product of the lost powers? "Hey guys, look, it registers as Quicksilver... wasn't he depowered? And Magneto... wasn't he depowered? And Chamber, wasn't he depowered? I'm sensing a trend... hmm... scratch the chin... narrow the eyes in concentrated thought and perhaps we might be able to make a reasonable guess..."
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Maybe the Collective just has Black Tom's secondary mutation, because he's lost that. Still, there's no reason for Quill to be up there.

Also, it is really depressing how many of those little pictures I recognized, especially considering I can remember where most of those images came from. *kills self*

On the Alpha front, is that Ghost Girl in the pink top up with the rest of the Gs?

Maybe the Collective just has Black Tom's secondary mutation, because he's lost that. Still, there's no reason for Quill to be up there.
    Ah, good call... hadn't thought about the loss of secondary mutations being wiped from House of M... I hope more people lost such powers... that'd be good. But, where is Quill? I don't see?

And also, I don't see where Ghost Girl might be, but I don't see the name listed in the actual list element... so I dunno.

Looking back, I think 'Ghost Girl' might just be Hannah Levy from District X, but she's in the top right corner in a pink top. Quill is in the middle, next to Quicksilver, under Murmur.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    Is Quill in X3? There's somebody covered in spikes, and don't you wish I'd provide a link to that pic?
    Also, Black Tom had a secondary mutation? I didn't know about that. What'd he look like after?

*kills self*
    On the Alpha front, is that Ghost Girl in the pink top up with the rest of the Gs?
    I see dead people. Still posting after you killed yourself, talking about Ghost Girls?
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Le Messor
    "Anybody else feel that cold draft of paralyzing fear?" - Anya

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Is Quill in X3? There's somebody covered in spikes, and don't you wish I'd provide a link to that pic?
    Also, Black Tom had a secondary mutation? I didn't know about that. What'd he look like after?

- Le Messor
    "Anybody else feel that cold draft of paralyzing fear?" - Anya
    Like a big tree(he became more plant, than man)...which makes some sense, since his power was to discharge energy through wood/plant material.

Other secondary mutations make much less sense to me.

Having the Beast turn into a big cat as a secondary mutation(when he'd already mutated himself artificially beyond his normal mutation...the cat-look hardly qualifies as a "secondary mutation") or Archangel having healing blood(which has nothing to do with bird-like adaptations)?

Dana

Yes, Quill is in X3, as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil. You can see Quill several times in the second trailer.

Having the Beast turn into a big cat as a secondary mutation(when he'd already mutated himself artificially beyond his normal mutation...the cat-look hardly qualifies as a "secondary mutation") or Archangel having healing blood(which has nothing to do with bird-like adaptations)?
    I'm not sure that all of the secondary mutations had anything to do with their powers (or that those secondary mutations were indeed even secondary mutations at all... I know it doesn't make sense, I'm hoping for answers that will clarify my position...). I think they were more tied to the basic nature of the character and the name... and there the connections seem at least a little more reasonable. Still, I'm not all that fond of the new Beast look and I'm hoping they'll get rid of that in the near future. As for Angel's secondary, I really think that they just wanted to give him a Wolverine level power to make him less useless.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Yes, Quill is in X3, as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil. You can see Quill several times in the second trailer.
    Kewl! I had knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    I'm not sure that all of the secondary mutations had anything to do with their powers. I think they were more tied to the basic nature of the character and the name... and there the connections seem at least a little more reasonable. Still, I'm not all that fond of the new Beast look and I'm hoping they'll get rid of that in the near future. As for Angel's secondary, I really think that they just wanted to give him a Wolverine level power to make him less useless.
    I like cats. Ergo, I like Beast's new look. Although, after all this time, it's only just now occurred to me the irony of having (Arc)Angel and The Beast on the same side. (See under Revelation.)

Powers have always had something to do with personality / job, whatever. Just look at the myriad uses for kryptonite in Smallville. That's why Angel's healing 'works' (actually, it doesn't, for me. Then again, I don't think I like the idea of secondary mutation anyway.) Emma Frost is another example; diamondness has more to do with her name / attitude / usual colour scheme than telepathy.

It's one of the things I like about Flex; his power totally didn't suit his personality; which is more realistic, depending on how you argue mutation comes about. (If it's more spiritual than physicoscientificateoualedosis, then a lot of things make a lot more sense, but not Flex. That was kinda used in Earth X, iirc.)

- Le Messor
    Calvin: Before going down a steep hill like this, one should always give his sled a safety check.
    Hobbes: Right.
    Calvin: Seat belts?
    Hobbes: None.
    Calvin: Signals?
    Calvin: Brakes?
    Calvin: Steering?
    WHEEEEEE