Thread: 100 Entries and Whoa Hoss!

Default 100 Entries and Whoa Hoss!

Ben, just as a suggestion. Would it not be prudent to get to the 100 entries mark and then call a halt. This way all entries can be checked through, pictures put in where required, links checked and changed where necessary ie:- Will the Submariner entry be as The Sub Mariner or as Namor. I know it might stop the flow, but the last thing I think we want is somthing like what they have at Wiki, links to the same entry, but half of them going to blind alleys cos they don't all correspond.

If we do that and get the first 100 hundred correct etc, then maybe frequent cut off points where the same process can be carried out again. Maybe every ten or twenty entries.

Just a suggestion.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well I added a lot of pages, but I'm bassically setting them up.

Oh don't get me wrong KM, I'm just trying to see if there's a way to avoid going the way of the Wiki. With the few of us who are doing this, it is hopefully easier to avoid the situation you have there. I've looked for entries and not found nothing because the linkage is not identical to the title of the page I'm looking for.

As a good example, I put in a link for Spiderman today and then found that others had done it as 'Spider-Man while I had done it as one word. My link would prolly eventually lead to dead pages while the others actually led to the entry. If we are uniform throughout it will hopefuully make it easier and more user friendly.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Understandable, I havn't put in to many links yet. Just giving basic outlines and some information.

I second the notion that Del mentioned. It's going to take time for us to edit and properly tag all of them, and for an editorial team of a handful doing it on free-time, being innundated with entries is NOT a good thing.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'm almost done all of the Great Beasts pages, but next week I won't have time for any of this.

Ok, so let's get to 100, make sure it's all good and I would suggest then opening it up to anyone who wants to contribute. We will hit a critical point before long that the entries will just trickle in, and the whole community will be able to keep up with editing, and perfecting.

Ben