Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aurora and Northstar News

Default Aurora and Northstar News

Well looks like they are joining the new X-Men team
    1. http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/...COVER1_400.jpg

Looks more like fighting with to me...

yeah, that pic is hard to tell if they are helping or fighting.

The solicit mentions the X-Men against 'The Children.'
    A new group for the twins possibly?

Yes, it's hard to tell. Northstar seems to be clocking Iceman but there is a robot arm nearby. Sabretooth is clawing Aurora but there are metal bits about. And there are other characters there, not just X-Men. Maybe the 'children' are being lead by the twins against the X-Men? the more I look at the pic, the more it looks like they're fighting the X-Men. That's good
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Any chance theses "Children" are Northstar's former students from the Xavier School? I haven't read any of that series in awhile, so I wouldn't recognize them if they were. Looks like Aurora is propelling Sabertooth into the fray. It'd be interesting to see them match up against Sasquatch. Old love interest and the villainous dog who left him bleeding in the snow. I figure Sas would lose it and unleash the Great Beast on that one!

Northstar is supposed to be going to the school so he could be picking up former students.

As I recall his 'Alpha Squadron' had a blond girl (Rubbermaid), a green guy (Anole), a purple guy (Indra), a tall dark Masai (Kidogo), a dark-haired girl (Network), and a girl with body designs (Loa). From the pic the dark-haired girl could be in there easily (her power was to control technology like computers, robots), maybe Indra but the rest, if from Xavier's, are other squad students. If at all.

Live it.

It looks to me like Sabs is delivering a pretty stiff right hook to Aurora. Northstar also seems like he's punching Iceman. Unless it's a birthday party there's nothing friendly about a punch.

And can someone clue me in as to when Mystique and Sabertooth became X-Men? I don'tread the book and have been pretty out of touch with it. If they are then that's just rediculous.

They join when Carey takes over the title, I think.

Live it.

As I recall his 'Alpha Squadron' had a blond girl (Rubbermaid), a green guy (Anole), a purple guy (Indra), a tall dark Masai (Kidogo), a dark-haired girl (Network), and a girl with body designs (Loa). From the pic the dark-haired girl could be in there easily (her power was to control technology like computers, robots), maybe Indra but the rest, if from Xavier's, are other squad students. If at all.
    Rubbermaid, Network and presumably Kidogo are all dead, killed in a bus explosion. The other three are still around, but they're all pretty unique looking, so it's unlikely that's them in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Nowhere has it been stated that they 'join' the team or title, just that they appear in at least one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Nowhere has it been stated that they 'join' the team or title, just that they appear in at least one issue.
    I again used a bad word. I meant they show up first in Carey's X-Men in July, so they 'joined' the comic in that issue alone. My bad.

Live it.

I hope that they don't end up actually joining. As it is I'm hesitant to pick up the title because I just swore off buying it any longer, but the call of Alpha guest appearances always tempts by hungry soul.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Comic book resources.com has an interview with Mike Carey today and he sheds some light on Northstar & Aurora...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=7136

MM

Possible spoilers...
    Mike Carey: Northstar is going to come in in #189, not as a member of the team - emphatically not. He's in a very dark and strange place, psychologically - far from recovered from what the Hand did to him.

Beast: So.... Northstar in #189, Sabretooth on the team because of something he knows. Gonna guess this has to do with the fate of Aurora and Weapon X's Neverland?
    Mike Carey: Aurora will also figure in these events. About Neverland, I want to keep a tactful silence for now.
    Faded: Is it safe to assume your run will have a lot to do with the Weapon X program/Neverland?
    Mike Carey: No, I'm deliberately not saying that. I'm just saying that some of those characters and some of those themes will be revisited.

Dermie: You might not be able to answer this, but what they heck -- is Northstar an ongoing presence in your run, or a guest star for a single issue or arc?
    Mike Carey: Northstar is in #189 and #190, and after that he won't be seen for a while. But we kind of move him on to a new point, and he will be back.
    I'm guessing, we'll see a very messed up pair of twins(Jean Paul messed up by the Hand and Jeanne Marie messed up by Weapon X, with possibly her third, sinister personality in control or even more personalities fighting for dominance). I'm kind of glad they're not joining the X-Men, as I'd rather they appear in a new Alpha Flight series down the road...I could be way off the mark, though.

Dana