Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making New Alphanex Entry

Default Making New Alphanex Entry

For every type of Alphanex entery there is (or will be) a template made to lay out several important things for each entry. To view the list of templates, visit http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...gory:Templates

To make use of a template, click on the template's link above. On the right-hand side of the screen you will see a copy & past snippit to go at the top of your entry.

example:

{{Hero|
    image=
    |character_name=
    |real_name=
    |debut=
    |affiliations=
    |past_affiliations=
    |aliases=
    |relatives=
    |}}

Just put the related info after the = You can then enter the main text of the entry. Heading are fomatted as follows: ==History==

Catagorizing the entries is important. Automatically they will all catorgorize under All Charcters, more specific catagorizations such as Alpha Flight or Vilains must be done manually. To do so, use the following format at the very end of the entry: [[Category:Alpha Flight]] . All Catagores can be found on the left-hand navigation bar.

This may sound complex, but it is not, once you've done it a couple time, it's simple. Ask any questions.

Ben[/url]

Ok, so now I think I have all the important Categores I could think of: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...y:Master_Index

and all the templates I could think of: http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/inde...gory:Templates

The next step is to use each template to create an entry, if people could start trying that out, it'd be swell. Each Template has categorizing built in, the only Category you have to do Manually at this point is "Alpha Flight"

Any suggestions on either is welcome

Ben

I probably won't have much of a chance for anything during the day tomorrow (today...whatever) as I've got a full plate. If anyone has a chance, I'd like to get an entry in Teams and in Buldings and Locations. Those are the only templates untested. When they are shown to work properly, I can then take in a few more people to help with the data entry

Ben

I'll have a go at doing an entry in definately one and maybe both of 'Teams' and 'Buldings and Locations' somtime tomorrow. Probably 'Corky's Bar' and 'The Chess Set' from the Brass Bishop story in #121.

Just as an aside, would a team like 'The Chess Set' be in two catergories, ie:- 'Team' & 'Villian' or would only the individuals be in the villians catergory?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Just as an aside, would a team like 'The Chess Set' be in two catergories, ie:- 'Team' & 'Villian' or would only the individuals be in the villians catergory?
    yah, it would be in two cats, just like Guardian is in Heroes and ALpha Flight. Automatically the teams template should put it in the teams catagory, but you'll have to put it in Villains yerself

Ben

So you would have to copy and paste what you did in the team cat page and do another page, but as a villian cat page. Or can you double cat on the same page?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

No limit on the number of catagories. just put [[Catagory:Villains]] at the bottom and it'll be all good.

Ben

Okay, I think I'm almost there, I go to the templates page, click on the teams template. Copy the info in the dotted box and then paste it where? Which page do I get up to paste this info into?

(Thick as **** some people are )
    Del

You just have to go to the appropriate URL, so if you were gonna do The Chess Set, just go to http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Chess_Set click edit, and yer good to paste the template in. If it would be easer, I can add a box onto the main page that you type the name of the entry you wanna make and it'll take you to the URL

Ben

If you could Ben, I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to this Wiki stuff
    Del

Bah! Yer doin' just fine! I have put the box on the main page for any who may fine it usefull

Ben

Your a gent Ben. I feel like a kid taking it's first steps
    Del

Would it be worth having an Alternate Universe category as well, to cover stuff like the AOA versions, Exiles versions, What If's etc?

Good thunkin' Phill, I'll make it so

Yeah I was adding the alternate realities, was debating if I should or not. Also I noticed on the sidebar there is no link for items, which there should be.