Thread: Colours

Default Colours

So, so far I've explained the concept of this to you all, I'm working on laying it out the way I want, but I've been staring at the code so long tha the colours are making me blind. Looking for suggestions on background colours/text colours/ general style. I know both Del and Allan agreed that a computery look was a good plan, but are we talking the classic green text on black? What did you guys have in mind? I tried a few black background combos and it's just not working for me at this point.

Ben

I was thinking a black background with a lime green type of text. Then again it's easy for me to say that as I don't have to do the coding.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I was playing around with that over the weekend. while for anyone with perfect vision it's fine, for those of us with vision probs it's hard to read. Likle myself for example: I can see red on black, but anything blue-hued and my eyes try to revolt. mostly it's the black that does it.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

How about Red background with yellow or white text, give it that Canadian feel?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

White on red it a bit harsh, but a more neutral tone would work. going to play around with it a bit myself...

More natural background or text colour?
    Del

either/or. the red is fine - as would be almost any other colour - but the white or black background is too stark. White text on a 'strong' colour (red, dark blue, darker green) has the same effect.

Gotta admit I like the layout and ease of editing we have at present.
    Del