Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: THE NEW ALPHA FLIGHT? *Possible Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Ahh, so Ben, Millar told you things you can't tell us yet, methinks
    I KNEW IT!

*whispers* C'mon Ben, you can tell me. I won't say anything to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben

You can't help yourself can ya ?
    Hah hah, so easy to get you all jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Wow it seems that everyone hates this idea except me (an exception or two to that statement I guess). I thought that any Alpha possibility would be good and not met already with such loathing of the possibilities...
    Not everyone.
    But me. I don't want a new Alpha Flight title. I want Alpha Flight.
    What I mean by that is, I don't want another bunch of strangers I've never met and don't care about running around doing things I'm not that interested in. Slapping the words 'Flight' and 'Alpha' on a cover once a month does not Alpha Flight make. Do that, and you get v2 and v3. Next to nothing to do with the team I came to know and love, but still expected to have my loyalty, simply for the sake of those two words.
    "What is in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet." - Shakespeare
    "Don't give me songs. Give me something to sing about." - Buffy

Canadians working cahoots with Americans is a recipe for disaster?
    Working with, no. But that's not what got described. What got described was, a bunch of Americans moving to Canada and calling themselves Alpha Flight, and led by Captain frickin' America, not by a Canadian, and we're supposed to go 'A bunch of Americans... but it's set in Canada, so Alpha Flight's back! Yay!'
    Being Canadian is the only thing, other than the name, that the three series had in common. Take that away, and what've you got?

Whats so wrong with the Americans?
    In this case? National arrogance. Having a Canadian team led by their national hero; it's insulting to Canada.
    Why, that'd be like taking, say, the British national anthem, and using the tune as a US patriotic song.

With regards to the worry that this will become an entirely non-Canadian dominated group, I actually don't think that there is that great of a worry about that, as Marvel has already made that mistake and regretted it in the past. I think that to put the name Alpha Flight up implies the element of prominent Canadianism.
    Your faith in Marvel will be your undoing.'
    You seem to believe that they learn from their mistakes. I'm curious; where do you get that from?
    Okay, maybe Chris Claremont learns from his; but Marvel? Now that's another matter entirely. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. But we found the M & Ms, and Ozzy went on to do an excellent show.

- Mik
    "A lot of educators tell students, "Think of your principal as your pal." I say, "Think of me as your judge, jury, and executioner."
    - Snyder
    Go Mik! I have to agree with him...totally.

IMHO...Alpha Flight is a Canadian team with familiar faces like...Guardian(either Mac or Heather), Aurora, Northstar, Puck, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird and even some of the later characters....For me, AF will mostly be the Byrne team(including Talisman, who is a great character). Most that came later(heroes, villians, storylines, etc...) in the series(and series two and three) didn't fly...so they need to stop bringing it out of the hangar.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I don't want a new Alpha Flight title. I want Alpha Flight.
    What I mean by that is, I don't want another bunch of strangers I've never met and don't care about running around doing things I'm not that interested in.
    [...]
    IMHO...Alpha Flight is a Canadian team with familiar faces like...Guardian(either Mac or Heather), Aurora, Northstar, Puck, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird and even some of the later characters....For me, AF will mostly be the Byrne team(including Talisman, who is a great character). Most that came later(heroes, villians, storylines, etc...) in the series(and series two and three) didn't fly...so they need to stop bringing it out of the hangar.

Dana
    =D> =D> =D>

ummm....

welll.......

errrr.....

didn't he already confirm they were alive?

”Tiger47”: In Steve McNiven's original promo art for Civil War, Sasquatch, Puck, and Guardian all appear. Yet, as you may or may not know, in New Avengers #16 they looked pretty dead. Was this an unintentional mistake? Did all of Alpha Flight just get bloody noses and decide to take naps in the Canadian Wilderness? What's up?

JQ: Tiger47, we’ll have to discuss this after Civil War.

Your faith in Marvel will be your undoing.'
    You seem to believe that they learn from their mistakes. I'm curious; where do you get that from?
    Okay, maybe Chris Claremont learns from his; but Marvel? Now that's another matter entirely. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. But we found the M & Ms, and Ozzy went on to do an excellent show.

Mainly I get it from boredom. I mean, I'm gonna keep buying their comics because I'm a sucker and a pawn, so I might as well attempt to lie to myself and justify my purchases through false hope.

Hah hah, so easy to get you all jumping to conclusions.
    Ah yes, but you seem not the type to create a false circus for us monkeys to jump hoops through... indeed an audience there must be, and a treat waiting at the end of that firery rope! Every great illusion may not be real, but the intent of the creator to lie is certainly an undeniable truth!

Alpha Flight is a Canadian team with familiar faces like...Guardian(either Mac or Heather), Aurora, Northstar, Puck, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird and even some of the later characters....For me, AF will mostly be the Byrne team(including Talisman, who is a great character). Most that came later(heroes, villians, storylines, etc...) in the series(and series two and three) didn't fly...so they need to stop bringing it out of the hangar.
    Well, I'm also allowing myself to be lied to by convincing myself that this Captain America thing is a fluke... and that the involvement of non-Alphans will generally be minimal... can you really blame a boy for trying? Well, sure you can. So I guess there we are.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Your faith in Marvel will be your undoing. I'm curious; where do you get that from?
    Mainly I get it from boredom. I mean, I'm gonna keep buying their comics because I'm a sucker and a pawn, so I might as well attempt to lie to myself and justify my purchases through false hope.
    That is... acceptable.

Good answer.

- Le Messor
    "Aggression is a natural, human tendency - although you and I come by it another way."
    - Adam