Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE NEW ALPHA FLIGHT? *Possible Spoilers*

Default THE NEW ALPHA FLIGHT? *Possible Spoilers*

In the latest Lying in the Gutters: http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Keep in mind this is as likely to be bull as it is to be true. But a green light story is usually pretty bulletproof.

Yeah I heard about this also, but it better not just be all American's or that will be dumb.

i am thinking april fools.

again, relaunching a book with the label alpha flight, that isn't alpha flight.

does marvel never learn?

EEEEP! Time to start digging for info!

Ben

I can't see it being an April Fool considering the date. Plus it would seem to be a logical next step. Most of AF get wasted or severely bruised by 'The Collective'. Many heroes come to Canada to escape registration. Cap as we know will be one of them. Now any surviving members of Alpha are naturally gonna be involved, but Canada needs protecting etc etc and so on...

I'll hold off having a **** attack until I see any possible line-up, if it is made up mainly of those numpties from the Great Lakes Avengers then I will be saying bad things . Then again, this New Alpha Flight is gonna be running a major storyline pertaining to Civil War. So I'll hold off for now and see what/if anything, happens.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Whoa! If that is real, then I'm excited... actually, if they're really adopting the name Alpha Flight as well, that to me means that they either intend to honro those heroes that came before them (worthy enough) or will at least have Canadian members that will accompany them! The fact that they'd form into a team implies that they're not only a community, but also implies that they'll be continuing their herowork, which is also a plus, meaning that only heroes that have powers that could actually be effectively used will be on the team... heck, knowing his position (and now having the outcome of Civil War practically assured), maybe the chances of Wolvie joining up are a little higher...

I'm really hoping that one this isn't some lame joke, that it isn't false information and as has been mentioned, not a Great Lakes type formation... I think they've got some real potential with this... I mean, bring a couple big names along and that alone will guarantee a strong fanbase that won't accept crappy stories... I'd even go for the same type of lineup that New Excalibur has, b-listers with nowhere else to go... although I'm doubting that many other users here would go for that.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

April Fool's jokes don't happen on April 3rd, folks.

This is either true, or it's not. Either way, it wouldn't be posted (let alone with a green light) if Rich didn't think it was real.

here is rich's reply over at bendis's boards.

Not an April Fool's joke

Not taken off a message board.

Sourced to a Marvel creator, then multiple sourced.

Your call.

Well, that may be good news, but it'll hardly work if it's all American heroes. Americans (say 3-4) working with Alpha Flight (3-4 of them, too), as Alpha Flight, OK! But no way will Captain America be leading it. Why would he go AWOL, he's already a known commodity as Steve Rogers, no secrets there. So overall this message is entailed to get message boards, like us, flying again about an off the wall rumour that may be a true one.

But that means confirmation from Joe Q. will be coming? Go for it varo, Scratchy, Defunct, Ben.....

BTW, I got a line from a buddy who got an email from a Marvel editor (it's poorly written and just from Marvel so he doesn't know which editor answered him, just says:

As to your Alpha Flight questions, ideas are getting firmer. Yes Millar is using Alpha Flight a bit for reasons to be seen. Maybe refugees will cross over, maybe AWOL heroes, that makes sence doesn't it. But wait and see and maybe you wll get your wish,
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Andthis has listings now for Zuzha and Vindicator, neither listed as dead yet. No A. Flighters on the deceased page, either.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Andthis has listings now for Zuzha and Vindicator, neither listed as dead yet. No A. Flighters on the deceased page, either.
    That's made by fans, not Marvel. It's no more official than Wikipedia other than being hosted on Marvel.com.

How would everybody feel if Spider-Man refused to give his identity to the US Government and decided to head north of the border to continue his crime fighting ways?

Heck, they filmed the first Spider-Man movie in Toronto!

Well, I certainly agree with the call on Captain America... but I also don't see Steve Rogers crossing the border any time soon... he seems much more likely to stay within the bounds of America and fight the act than simply retreat from it. I can't think of many higher ups that would really flee from the scene anyways, unless they have family or are wounded or something... its possible that Spidey might cross the border, but I'm not sure I'm really pro-him on Alpha Flight... as a guest yeah sure, but as a permanent member of the crew? Not so sure... the only reason why I'd be okay with Logan being on the team is because of his history already with them and because of his actual citizenship. I think creating an entirely American team would be completely ridiculous, and even with the craziness of Marvel, I'm not entirely sure that they would even consider such a thing, especially given that they've been saying that "Canadians" would be happy with the plans, and I'm sure most Canadians aren't even normally excited about the prospect of Americans taking over the scene. Once again, I'm thinking B-listers... given what we've seen in the 198, perhaps Diamond Lil and those who survive the series and company might take the stage, something which I'm sure a few out there would be more than happy with... so to make this more of a positive search rather than a listing of those we'd disapprove of, anyone have any ideas of heroes not from Canada that you wouldn't mind seeing come alongside Alpha Flight? Obviously those already committed to a team (central X-Men and the Fantastic Four for example) wouldn't be eligible...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Huh? Lame! If true, it will just lead to another quick death for the title.

Dana