Poll: Would you sign the Superpowers Registration Act?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would You Sign The Superpowers Registration Act?

But wouldn't they need medical doctors as well as radiation experts? Dr. Morbius is an expert on blood, I have no idea what that field is called, Haemology?

Considering the "Timeline" as I remember it, then Morbius would have been a vampire by the time of Sue's second pregnancy, right? Morbius first appeared in 1971 (Amazing Spider-Man #101) Was that before or after the pregnancy? Of course, being an AU, it may just be that his blood disease disfigured him....

I just don't know...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

There's no way I'd sign!

And it seems some of the X-Men will be at odds with each other as well in Civil War X-Men. Some will be for it while others will not. I would think the X-Men would remember the Mutant Registration Act not so long ago. That was wrong and so is this!

After I'm with the Cap! No registration!
    Do U Believe in Xavier's Dream?

Like to discuss X-Men?
    Role Play your favorite Mutant?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I wonder, though, why those who did sign are so quick to turn on their compatriots?

- LM
    "A good listener is not only popular everywhere but after a while he knows something."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I wonder, though, why those who did sign are so quick to turn on their compatriots?

- LM
    "A good listener is not only popular everywhere but after a while he knows something."
    I would think because it's now the law and they are the ones who have to enforce it.

Hundreds of people, mostly children, were murdered as a result of a bunch of amateur vigilantes making an amateur mistake....and all for the sake of increasing the ratings of their crappy reality tv show.

With just a bit of proper schooling, they would have known that, where Nitro was concerned, it would have been safer to let him think he was escaping, all the while following him, and then take him out at a more oppurtune time and place.

As it was Namorita slammed him into a school bus, in front of a elementary school that was in session, in the middle of a residential neighbourhood. And then went on to dare him to explode.

I'm not sure if I agree with all of the particular's of the bill, but I do agree with it's spirit. And I believe in leading by example, and an equal application of the law. If you want to fight crime, you have to be trained and in a position where you can be held accountable. By refusing and defying that, you are opening the door to every amateur to throw caution to the wind and show boat....at the expense of the very people you claim to be trying to protect.

As for the "Whose side am I on" logos. I'm on the side of the people. Not Cap's. Not Iron Man's. Not the governments. The side of your average Joe, and the little kids who deserve a chance to feel secure and grow up, and not be incinerated because some brat didn't have the common sense to know how to handle the situation he/she was in.

Nuff said.

As touching the rationale behind Civil War...

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75978

Enjoy.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Tony Stark! BURN IN HELL!!
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

:P heh, they aint getting anything out of me. Although I wouldn't wear a mask and stuff, people could already see my face so why the heck would I need to sign the act?
    "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Ironically...They do have to give DNA. They keep that as a matter of record. Iron Man has come up with a way to create nanites that attach to your DNA and can permanently shut off ones powers. Hes used it on She-Hulk. She kinda got mad when she found out Iron Man and the Illuminati shot her brother into deep space against his will. When she rebelled he shot her and shut off her powers. He tried to have Spidermans powers shut off in Intitiative #3 as well. So besides forcing minors into being an army and killing other humans, Putting you into a prison in another dimension without trial or due process, and many other moral and legal transgressions. The Initiative can now fundamentally change your DNA simply because they want to.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Hundreds of people, mostly children, were murdered as a result of a bunch of amateur vigilantes making an amateur mistake....and all for the sake of increasing the ratings of their crappy reality tv show.

With just a bit of proper schooling, they would have known that, where Nitro was concerned, it would have been safer to let him think he was escaping, all the while following him, and then take him out at a more oppurtune time and place.

As it was Namorita slammed him into a school bus, in front of a elementary school that was in session, in the middle of a residential neighbourhood. And then went on to dare him to explode.

I'm not sure if I agree with all of the particular's of the bill, but I do agree with it's spirit. And I believe in leading by example, and an equal application of the law. If you want to fight crime, you have to be trained and in a position where you can be held accountable. By refusing and defying that, you are opening the door to every amateur to throw caution to the wind and show boat....at the expense of the very people you claim to be trying to protect.

As for the "Whose side am I on" logos. I'm on the side of the people. Not Cap's. Not Iron Man's. Not the governments. The side of your average Joe, and the little kids who deserve a chance to feel secure and grow up, and not be incinerated because some brat didn't have the common sense to know how to handle the situation he/she was in.

Nuff said.
    i'm totally agree with you. we are not speaking about cap or iron man's side, here, the shra is about people's side.
    xavier teached his boys and girls to use their powers, to control them. and their ethic use, too 8yeah,m well, i know good charles sometimes looks like he doesn't know too much about ethic, but you know... it's the thinking the most important part). i don't see why all the other super human don't have to be traineed. and controlled. do you imagine what would happen if people like Scarlet... maybe her... was controlled?probably all this things would never happen.i can desagree with something, for sure, but i can't deny i'm agree with the most of it.

I came back to life through an ocean of fire, flames passion and glory....

Wanda...had to do what she did. The Mutants are supposed to be a representation of minorities and yet there were so many. She had to...
    But I don't think there was anyone controlling her. She was always a frail person...

back to the act though, what is the purpose of registering if you DON'T WEAR A MASK?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely! I absolutely think Tony Stark has been granted absolute power and is absolutely headed towards absolute corruption.

In a way this reminds me of Orson Scott Card's Enderverse. Take a few Battle School graduates (superheroes) and bring them back to Earth. Soon every nation that has a graduate is looking at ways to expand their borders and influence. And one such graduate Achilles (Iron Man) decides to kidnap Ender's entire jeesh and press them into his scheme to rule the world. Countries with superhumans collecting them into an army has to have ramification around the world far more reaching than border crossings. A paranoid China or Muslim world should be moving to counter this build up of super soldiers. We can only hope that if the Marvel universe heads in this direction Talisman or someone else will rise to take a role similar to Card's Hegemon.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Kumori
    Wanda...had to do what she did. The Mutants are supposed to be a representation of minorities and yet there were so many. She had to...
    But I don't think there was anyone controlling her. She was always a frail person...

back to the act though, what is the purpose of registering if you DON'T WEAR A MASK?
    I don't see how Wanda had to wipe the mutant gene out. Isn't that what nature or science was doing with the Legacy virus? Why wipe out your own kind, especially if they are the minority? And sure there are a ton of them in the MU, but then that's what the MU is about...people with powers. Mutancy is an easy explanation. MU doesn't typically tell stories about the millions of normal citizens. They are the backdrop of the stories. She could just as easily said no more superhumans and included technology heroes, genetically altered hereos, and highly trained heroes. Then everyone in the MU would be normal and we wouldn't need the SHRA. Of course Marvel would be closing their doors if that happened, but it makes as much sense as getting rid of mutants.

I also like your alternative to the SHRA, make mask wearing illegal! Much simpler to enforce, and you don't have to knock down peoples doors and arrest them because you think they might have a mask they intend to wear in the future.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Ironically...They do have to give DNA. They keep that as a matter of record. Iron Man has come up with a way to create nanites that attach to your DNA and can permanently shut off ones powers. Hes used it on She-Hulk. She kinda got mad when she found out Iron Man and the Illuminati shot her brother into deep space against his will. When she rebelled he shot her and shut off her powers. He tried to have Spidermans powers shut off in Intitiative #3 as well. So besides forcing minors into being an army and killing other humans, Putting you into a prison in another dimension without trial or due process, and many other moral and legal transgressions. The Initiative can now fundamentally change your DNA simply because they want to.
    Hmmm...I think the mutants need to get even more paranoid and not trust Tony one iota then...This is so like the Power Neutralizer gun that Forge came up with years ago (first to fight the Dire Wraith invasion, but then Govt agents used it to hunt down Rogue...They shot Storm with it by accident).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

But can we at least agree on the fact that Wanda is a nutcase?

For the masks, I mean Black Panther-gone. Wolverine - sorry no mask. Unless you have a specific reason (like Deadpool) then all headgear must be illegal. I like that idea :3. Saves the world a giant crossover riot.