Undercover cops are often required to infiltrate organizations; and ones that are known to have cops of their own on the organizational payroll at that! And both they and their families are at equally risk of reprisal if discovered. If a regular Joe-Cop can shoulder the task, why not a super-duper man?

Reflecting on the actual matter as Shaman keeps trying to point out, ie. the propasal as present by Iron Man forces all registered into SHIELD service ... I have to clarify that I am very much against the indentured servant model being proposed. Not all metahuman powers have practical military or law enforcement application, and there currently exists enough willing combatants that no one should have to be pressed into an unwanted profession.

So, I guess if those are the terms, I must oppose the Act. However, if that detail were amended to something more... realistic, then I'd continue to support the idea.

I mean, I just re-read the issue, and took a long hard look at the last couple of pages. There is the school bus, a schoolyard full of elementary-aged kids at play, and there is a guy who can explode and "Fish Girl" totally oblivious to the kids, daring Nitro to explode so she can hit him harder.

I have two elementary school children. She couldn't have fallen back, let him think he was getting away, and then nailed him at a better time and place? She couldn't at least have grabbed him and gone soaring high into the sky with him.. making an attempt to place those children out of harms way? If she had been properly trained and prepared, she would have and all of those children wouldn't be dead. And all of their living friends and relatives wouldn't be crushed with anguish.

But hey, she saved us from the bad guys, eh?