Thread: third cw title revealed

Default third cw title revealed

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=65068

hmmmm.....

wonder if af could have a role there?

btw, with news of a wolverine movie in the works focusing on his past before the xmen, i wonder if heather and james will have a role in the movie?

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.260

Alphans in Heroes for Hire? How would that work? I'm kinda hoping not, so that I won't have to buy that title post civil-war... I'll go ahead and get the three issues for this startup, but past that I won't buy it. Hopefully they'll stick with Power Man and Iron Fist as the only central characters there.

And its possible that James and Heather might have ridiculous out of place cameos, but I doubt that they'd bother to do enough research on Wolvie's history to make it an actual story, rather they'll attempt to fabricate some elaborate story of his search for identity that will lead to really cheesy exclusive explanations for his past that will then be foolishly incorporated into mainstream continuity to give the writers of the Wolverine script some feel that they are somehow important and superior to the many years of established history.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default This reeks. Alpha fans want a new series. A good one.

Is it just me being all cynical again or is MARVEL flooding the market with product? Who asked for "The New Universe" titles to come back? I've got nothing against Heroes for Hire, but who was clamoring for their return?

I know I'm missing some titles.

And I hope MARVEL will stop AF's cameo, trivial guest-appearances.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    And its possible that James and Heather might have ridiculous out of place cameos, but I doubt that they'd bother to do enough research on Wolvie's history to make it an actual story, rather they'll attempt to fabricate some elaborate story of his search for identity that will lead to really cheesy exclusive explanations for his past that will then be foolishly incorporated into mainstream continuity to give the writers of the Wolverine script some feel that they are somehow important and superior to the many years of established history.
    Hey! Shaman, that was very cynical and accurate!

I thought I was the cynical one.

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping for their appearance; but this is what I look like when I'm not holding my breath.
    Also, I'd like to see them pre-powers. Especially since, if this were a Singer movie (of course, it ain't), they'd suddenly be mutants.

But, I can really imagine them getting it kinda right (tho', they've kind of already destroyed that chance. In the first movie, he's been wandering on his own since Weapon X.) The third, they keep saying every move, every scene, came from a comic.

- Le Messor
    "It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine."
    - Wayne Campbell

I'm not sure if this was the right thread, but anyhoo, this is taken from http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ad.php?t=62246

Bendis answering various New Avengers questions.

Q: Speaking of Alpha Flight. Did their fight really last all of a second or two, or was there more happening off panel? Preview art shows Iron Man going alone against the Collective guy for at least a few panels. I thought Vindicator and Guardian's tech suits were on par with that of Iron Man. For the record, I don't think they're dead. They'll get better.

A: I believe he mowed them down in a way that can only be seen as disrespectful by me to all of Canada and the history of Marvel comics and John Byrne and anyone whose ever read a comic book before, and how dare I. I think they're sleeping (Alpha Flight).

Hey! Shaman, that was very cynical and accurate!
    Wow, I can't believe it, but I'm actually going to attribute the word cynical to myself, and not only that, but view it as a compliment. Oh how the world spins.

I thought I was the cynical one.
    I'll try not to encroach too far on your territory. Mostly my cynicism is limited to certain elements of the movies (Marvel almost exclusively) that just make my gut turn... I also find it odd that my friends make fun of my attention to such details and the importance of canon, continuity and making such medium transfers accurate, while they yell at me about why the new "Pride and Prejudice" movie is a sin upon the ground of the Earth because of the way that the hair of the characters is done, because that would just be a violation of every principle of the time, and explaining to me about the inaccuracies of bioflicks like A Beautiful Mind...

Anyways, yet another reason I dislike Mr. Bendis has been added to my list. Attitudes of disrespect, evne if understood to be sarcastic in intent, are yet another reason why I don't see Alpha as being slipped into these kinds of titles... the only reason why any Alphans are sticking is around is because of the certain issues that got planted with them at the time of their popularity, and I think we all know what I mean by that.

EDIT: So anyways, the Heroes for Hire team has been announced: Humbug, Misty Knight, Black Cat, the new Tarantula, Colleen Wing, and Shang Chi – Master of Kung Fu. No Cage or Fist.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...