Thread: A couple o'projects...

Default A couple o'projects...

With the numbers of us about I thought that we'd easily be able to go through the varying collections that we have and split the various volumes and appearances up into little chunks between us enabling us to easily reference the entire library that is AF-lore.

So, would anyone be interested in attempting the following;

Project the first: The Af Chronology Project.

Back on the old list I remember we started putting together all the Alpha appearances and issues in chronological order (much like other projects on the web) putting the flashback portions and backup origin stories where they should go, and just trying to get a comprehensive up to date list.

Project the second: Appearances within The Actual Volumes. (Yeah, this one needs a title)

With the guest appearances section I try to list who appears in what outside of the actual title, but what about within it?
    If we go through each volume, could we list which Alphans actually appear within which issues and in what capacity (Speaking, Cameo, Flashback etc) so this way a character can be cross referenced from within the actual series as well as outside?

Anyway, I know it sounds like a lot of work but with the amount of people we have it'd only mean one person reading say 10 issues over whatever amount of time they have available. If you have incomplete arcs of a collection, then you can request the runs you do have.

Over ambitious? I dunno...

Thoughts anyone?

sounds grand Phil! I'll do my part by hosting it all

Ben

Having recently obtained a full run of volume 1 I'd love to help. But...it's on the opposite side of the pacific ocean, so barring me finding electronic versions in the interim I doubt I can be of much use. Great ideas though.

I've got myself a complete run, I'd love to help.

I'll help in any way I can Phil, anything in partcular you want me to do, just say.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Here's the first lot:

Alpha Flight -1 2
    Wolverine -1
    Wolverine 144
    Wolverine vs Hulk
    Alpha Flight 8 1
    Alpha Flight Special 2
    Alpha Flight 9 1
    X-Men Gt Size 1
    X-Men 16 Classic
    X-Men 26 Classic
    X-Men 27 Classic
    Hulk ann 8
    Contest Of Champions 1
    Contest Of Champions 2
    Contest Of Champions 3
    Hulk 272
    Hulk 273
    Machine Man 18
    X-Men 139 Uncanny
    Alpha Flight 1 1
    Marvel Two-In-One 83
    Marvel Two-In-One 84
    Hulk 279
    Marvel Two-In-One 7
    Rom 56
    Rom 57
    Rom 58
    Alpha Flight 2 1
    Alpha Flight 3 1
    Alpha Flight 4 1
    Alpha Flight 5 1
    Alpha Flight 6 1
    Crystar 11
    Alpha Flight / X-Men 1 2
    Alpha Flight / X-Men 2 2
    Fantastic Four 267
    Alpha Flight 7 1
    Alpha Flight 8 1
    Alpha Flight 9 1
    Alpha Flight 10 1
    Alpha Flight 11 1
    Alpha Flight 12 1

Okay, it doesn't quite incorporate the origin stories; I'm figuring Snowbird's first (very first of the above), then Mac's, then Shaman's right before Alpha Flight Special. Sasquatch's comes right after Gt Sized X-Men #1.

- Le Messor
    "I think computers should have a 'ToDAY!' key."

Here's the first lot
    Huh? What? I'm confused... is that chronologically ordered or something?

Anyways, I'm up to help on these projects as much as I can, but time isn't all that plentiful, kinda scarce, so I guess I couldn't take on too heavy a load myself, but I'd love to be part of the process. I have a complete set of the main title comics, but a handful of them are at home/have been lost (I'm holding out hope that they'll come floating back to me, if not I've got to scrounge up 20 bucks to recomplete the series). So in short, I'm in.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Ok, so for the second project we have;

Volume 1 #1-130
    Volume 2 #1-20
    Volume 3 #1-12

Annual #1-2
    /Inhumans '98
    In The Beginning (#-1)
    Special #2 (First Flight)

/X-Men Volume 1 #1-2
    /X-Men Volume 1 #1-2

That's 171 issues in total.

If we split it into chunks of 19 issues that means we need 9 people.

So...

*Volume 1 #1-19 - MistressMerr
    *Volume 1 #20-38 - Shaman Of The Whills
    Volume 1 #39-57
    Volume 1 #58-76
    Volume 1 #77-95
    Volume 1 #96-114
    Volume 1 #115-130, Annuals #1+2, Special #2
    Volume 2 #1-20 (to keep it all in one chunk)
    Volume 3 #1-12, /Inhumans '98, -1, /X-Men (1+2) #1-2

If you have a particular choice speak now and it shall be alloted to you.

I'll take 20-38... I already pulled them out... I'll start looking at them later today... hopefully I'll be able to complete my chunk soon then... so when we go through these issues, are we looking only at Alpha members themselves or are we looking at everyone who is involved in the issue, and in that how expansive are we going to go? All past/present/future Alpha members, villains, recurring characters? Just if possible could we give a brief explanation of what exactly is expected of us for this project? Just don't want to disappoint is all...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Right, now we've got the Alphanex up and running I think we've probably got time to pop back to this.

Anyone else up for getting involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    so when we go through these issues, are we looking only at Alpha members themselves or are we looking at everyone who is involved in the issue, and in that how expansive are we going to go? All past/present/future Alpha members, villains, recurring characters? Just if possible could we give a brief explanation of what exactly is expected of us for this project? Just don't want to disappoint is all...
    Well, originally I was thinking of strictly team members(including Alpha Beta, Gamma), but depending on how detailed people want to go, any AF-centric characters could be included; things like Gary Cody, Clarke, The Master, The Dreamqueen etc, but not people like Namor, Her, Doom etc, we'll leave that for the Alphanex (unless people have a great desire).

Then just literally split the appearances up into speaking parts, cameos (including static images on monitors or whatever) or flashbacks(an actual re-drawing/telling of a previous event, not a past-timeline retcon/event).

It honestly depends on how little or much people want to do, there'll be no disappointment whatsoever.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Here's the first lot
    Huh? What? I'm confused... is that chronologically ordered or something?
    Man, how could I miss that question for so long?
    Yes, it is. The stories should happen in that order; based on multiple re-readings, including one I was doing at the time of posting.

- Le Messor
    "[this squealer] Can you give me a name?"
    "Shouldn't your parents have done that?"
    - Loaded Weapon 1