Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Who's Next?

WTF?! I nearly choked on that! What they consider "original research" isn't allowed?! So you took the innititive to go through the books and list what powers you saw people use, and this is a bad thing?! HUH???

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    However, research that consists of collecting and organizing information from existing primary and/or secondary sources is, of course, strongly encouraged
    I would say THAT applies more to what you did, as your primary source what the comics that were published, and you were simply explaining what had happened. The more I have read from these guys, the more self important power-trippers they come off as. "oh, I'm so special because I edit wikkipedia"

Man, I appreciate the work you've done, as do many other fans. If they wanna be like the to hell with them!

p.s. I have added your info in to Alphanex on: Aurora, Guardian I, and Sasquatch today. I should get a couple more up this evening.

Ben

Ben

haha I know eh? pretty dumb

Anyways great job on the Aurora, Guardian I, and Sasquatch entries. Also I updated the Persuasion power/abilities in the power/abilities thread. She can mind-link with anyone she chooses.

Yeah...yeah double post. Good job Ben, but you need to take out the Intelligence bit for Vindicator II since it only applys to Mac.

Also for Vindicator II for Cool Spring Water Mist: reword it to:
    "With her suit she can generate water that can be used offensively. For example against Sunfire, Heather [who was being mind-controlled] first hit him with a lava geyser. Then with the cool water mist solidified the bedrock trapping Sunfire and she was about to kill him by solidifying the bedrock over his head. Then Murmur from Alpha Flight saved him by causing a distraction he needed to break free while Heather was dealing with her. She is also capable of sending out a water geyser blast, which she did in attempt to put the fire out on Manbot. "

Cool thanks That's what I get for copy and pasting without going through it

Ben

Oh what the hell....here.
    -------------
    Name: Doctor Bosson
    First Appearance: Alpha Flight #7 vol.1

A French psychologist, whose practice is in Montreal, Quebec Canada. Dr.Bosson has a famous client none other than Miss.Beaubier or also known as Aurora. After he had his discussion with Aurora he called in her brother, Northstar to ask him a few questions. He asked why does Jean-Paul think his sister needs professional help? Since he confessed to having not found her in no way psychological unbalanced. Northstar strongly disagrees since he sees it every moment they are together. Unfortunately, Dr.Bosson only meet with Aurora once and didn’t witness Aurora’s dual personalities. Northstar contemplates telling Dr.Bosson that they really are the superhero pair of Aurora and Northstar from Alpha Flight to give him a better insight, but declines not to jeopardize their life in Alpha Flight together.

Dr.Bosson Findings:
    “Perhaps that is the true root of the problem, Jean-Paul. You and your sister were separated at birth. You grew up ignorant of each other’s existence, under very different social conditions. I’m inclined to think you imagine a failing in your sister because of the difference. But that is not a problem for me to resolve I can continue you to see your sister if you insist, and if she is willing, but I suspect it will be nothing more than an expensive waste of time for both of you. And I should warn you of one other thing Jean-Paul. If Jeanne-Marie is a split personality, as you believe, I cannot turn her into the person you wish her to be. She would be more likely to become a third-personality, unlike either of the original two.

Indeed, and perhaps you might consider this, your sister obviously has the potential to be a devastatingly beautiful woman, it is a great pity she chooses to leave that potential unleashed. But that is a value judgment, not a psychological one. We must all learn to accept our fellow human beings for who and what they are, not what we “wish” they could be.”
    ------------
    You have a choice, what do you want next?
    Mt Logan Cosmic Ray Research Station (volume 1 #9,10)
    Kortgaard (volume 1 #9)
    Nurse Daly (volume 1 #5)
    Nurse Cambridge (volume 1 #5)
    Doctor Craigborne (volume 1 #5)

Thanks man, I made a few editorial alterations, put it all in the past tense, changed a few words (french:fracophone ect.) That's exactly what I need for the small part characters. It's now up HERE

As for who next, Doctor Craigborne (volume 1 #5) would be my call, while yer on the doctor kick

Thanks,

Ben

I don't know it this good?
    ------------
    Name: Doctor Craigborne
    First Appearance: Alpha Flight #5 vol.1

The Chief Administrator of a hospital in Fort Albany, Ontario. For a period it had Puck as a patient due to his accident with Marrina attacking him. Being Puck he snoops around catching Nurse Daly shooting up with pain killers. Puck begins to further investigate and notices that most of the containers have been diluted to cover the fact that someone has been stealing from the hospital. So Puck approaches Doctor Craigborne with his findings and states he is going to inform the police, but Puck asks him to wait 48 hours so he can do the job for them. Doctor Craigborne agreed and with his trust Eugene confessed he was Puck of Alpha Flight.

Puck eventually busts the dope ring, but due to not fully healed from his wounds he winds back at the hospital under Doctor Craigborne’s care. Detective Sergeant McNamara who was leading the case for months thanked Puck for his assistance and upon leaving the room Dr.Craigborne informs the detective that Puck has sustained serious injured and probably won’t make it through the night. He walks back into the room and Puck confesses he doesn’t think the case is closed, since he doesn’t believe Nurse Daly was the mastermind behind this. The Doctor reassures Puck and states he needs to get some sleep and is about to give him a sedative. Just before he is about to give him the needle, Puck tackles him onto the bed. Revealing that Dr.Craigborne was the mastermind behind the dope ring and when Puck peeled back the label with the supposed sedative, it revealed it was insulin and an overdose of insulin can kill. Also it won’t show up on the autopsy unless you’re specifically looking for it. He’s currently in jail and was arrested by Sergeant McNamara with the help of Puck’s detective work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Thanks man, I made a few editorial alterations, put it all in the past tense, changed a few words (french:fracophone ect.)

Thank you Ben, you know how sensitive I am about that :P And I would recommend to say the doctor saw Jeanne-Marie and not Aurora. It do tell which personality he saw. I know the text refere to Northstar and Aurora, but I think in her case, the precision do make a lot of difference.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    I don't know it this good?
    Thanks! It's great.

Bit of editing and we are good to go, main thing is changing it all to past tense, and I reworded a couple lines to make it flow a bit better (I know, I'm anal) HERE it is.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Thank you Ben, you know how sensitive I am about that Razz And I would recommend to say the doctor saw Jeanne-Marie and not Aurora. It do tell which personality he saw. I know the text refere to Northstar and Aurora, but I think in her case, the precision do make a lot of difference.
    Yah, I made that one alteration with you in mind Sylvie Thanks for pointing out about the use of Jeanne-Marie, I've changed it to apply, that was a good point.

Ben

Name: Seargeant McNamara

A Detective working in Fort Albany, Ontario he was a Seargeant of the police squad. It’s unknown if he has been promoted or not. McNamara was the former detective working on the dope ring case, trying for months to find out where that particular supply was originating. Thanks to Puck he helped solve the case for him, and was very grateful for it. Unfortunately Doctor Craigborne pulled the detective aside and informed him that Puck most likely will not survive the night much to his surprise. However, the Doctor Craigborne was just trying to cover his tracks so he could murder Puck without any questions. Puck stops the doctor himself and Seargeant McNamara arrests Doctor Craigborne for being the mastermind behind the dope ring.

Name: Nurse Daly

A former nurse that use to work at a hospital in Fort Albany, Ontario that at one time had Puck as a former patient. She was the desk nurse, but often times would sneak into the medical supply room and steal painkillers for herself. Puck caught her in the act, but she denied she was sneaking around like a thief in the night and sends Puck back to bed and gives him a needle full of painkillers. Nurse Daly was on the hyper side, tense, nervous, not at all the type that would do well under the kind of day-to-day pressures of hospital work. She became a junkie stealing medical supplies and diluting the containers to cover the fact she was stealing from the hospital. She steals an entire shipment of painkillers and gives them to this bunch of thugs who in turn give her, her share of painkillers to use herself. In the end thanks to Puck’s detective work she is arrested by Seargeant McNamara, and claims she was just a tool for the thugs. When really the mastermind behind the drug-ring was none other than Doctor Craigborne, who is later arrested with the help of Puck and Seargeant McNamara.

Name: Nurse Margaret Cambridge

A nurse that works at a hospital in Fort Albany, Ontario that at one time had Puck as a former patient. She is quite helpful even willing to stay to help others even after her shift was over. She looked after Puck while Shaman watched over them and he thanked her for her time and assistance helping Eugene. She was very excited to work with Micheal Twoyoungmen and said, “all I know is if someone told me in nursing school that I’d be swapping bedpans with Micheal Twoyoungmen…well I would have died on the spot! ” She is nicknamed Maggie by the other nurses

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    (I know, I'm anal)

Yah, I made that one alteration with you in mind Sylvie

Ben
    Can I join you in the "anal" editing kind of way?(I don't know how that really sound, so please don't be offended). I was thinking about the francophone word and I think it should be erased. Why mention he is a francophone doctor? In the other review you don't say it's a anglophone nurse? The action is taking place in Montréal, and the characters are francophones, it should be expected that the doctor is speaking french to them. In the same way, what do we know if he's first language is french? Nothing, Bosson is not characteristic form Québec, that name could be from anywhere. Plus, it give the idea that it's a rare thing to see francophone doctors.

Anyway, I'm been anal (as you would say) But I had to say something (I'm a big pain, no?)
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I didn't go to indept since the other bios will cover most of the other stuff.
    =========
    Name: Mt Logan Cosmic Ray Research Station
    First Appearance: Alpha Flight #9 vol.1
    Associates: Kortgaard, Colonel McMurdo, Megan Masterson, Greene, Doctor John Duncan, Walter Langkowski

Near the peak of Canada’s tallest mountain an isolated research station stands lonely vigil, they are picking up a unique signal, which Megan Masterson calls an intruder. After the reading was coming in, they discovered that the signal cuts right across the radiation spectrum—that even looked like a biological rhythmn much like a brainwave pattern. The Ministry of Defense is interested in this findings and that’s why Walter Langkowski was sent up North to investigate. Walter was responsible for making a makeshift booster antenna for the center much to McMurdo’s dissatisfaction. After Megan Masterson boosts the signal the modified dish is quite for a moment then it appears the scientist hooked onto something. The person materials himself on the dish and it’s none other than the Thing. Doctor John Duncan tended to the unconscious Thing, whom Walter theorized he was beaming down from another planet and they picked him up out of the ether. Later alone, Doctor John Duncan gets a blood sample of the Thing and discovers something about their “Thing” and is killed by an unknown attacker. He is strangled and burnt to death and body of the Thing disappears. Walter follows the tracks thinking it’s a kidnapping, but when he finally realizes whom the person they caught really was it was to late. The Research Centre was blown to pieces in a huge explosion, leaving no survivors other than Walter who was outside looking for the killer. Megan survived the initial blast, but shortly died from her injuries and the attacker showed his face was not the real Thing, but the Super Skrull. The Super Skurll was responsible for the destruction of the Mt Logan Cosmic Ray Research Station and the murders of the various associates there.