Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who's Next?

Unfreaking real, all my wikipedia entries were deleted.

THEY SAID I STOLE IT FROM ANOTHER SITE WHO STOLE IT FROM ME. Bastards stole my Aurora entry so he deleted my post thinking I copied it from them.

This page stole it
    1. http://p201.ezboard.com/fastonishing...icID=209.topic

That's freaking lame man. We all know who wrote it so screw them. What a bunch of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian3d
    That's freaking lame man. We all know who wrote it so screw them. What a bunch of dicks.
    Still they deleted every single entry I did.......uuuuhhhhhh f'n bastards.

Someone yell at him, I tried to register but it won't let me

Ouch! Man, that sucks! They are prety crazy over there. When I put the images up for the characters, they made me list exactly what issue from what book each image was from or threatened to delet them. Meanwhile there are entries up there stolen from AF.net

Ben

Default unfair wiki edits

Dude, this is seriously weak. I say a boy-cot of wikipedia is needed. I'm tired of writing accurate, well-thought out articles and then having some schmuck delete it because he or she thinks they're "editing." These people have serious control issues. I just did an "Iron Man" up-date and had it completely deleted no more than a few hours later.
    I propose that all creative and editorial output concerning Alpha Flight be reserved for this site and this site only. Alphaflight.net knows how to respect its contributors. Down with wiki!

BTH

So what am I SOL? Should I just let it go or do something about it?

Default wiki problems, unresolved

Well, you could ask for "wiki" mediation at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us

Far as I'm concerned, dude has no basis for claiming copy-vio., so you could challenge it. But that could result in F-all.

Up to you, I guess. If I didn't have the info. saved on my PC, I'd go back to the articles through "history" links and copy the info. I created (it still should be there). Then save it on my PC and use it on a more professional site or just for personal reference. But that's just me. I'm bitter.

BTH

Again, sorry, man.

well, for what it's worth I'm in the process of adding your Powers/Abilities to the Alphanex entries now. Did you want the credit link going to your email address, or to your Alpha Waves profile?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    well, for what it's worth I'm in the process of adding your Powers/Abilities to the Alphanex entries now. Did you want the credit link going to your email address, or to your Alpha Waves profile?

Ben
    I don't even care about the credit it's the principle and I suppose profile to prevent this from further happening and can give the board more traffic.
    ---------
    Thanks you two, I saw the Guardian edit and I was like damn it they edited it again and then I clicked Flex's bio next and his was gone as well. Then I knew I had been screwed over. Once again thanks to Ben, Obsidian3d and bhissong for the support

You have my support, also. I'm incensed at what Wikipedia did to your entries.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi

I don't even care about the credit it's the principle and I suppose profile to prevent this from further happening and can give the board more traffic.
    ---------
    Thanks you two, I saw the Guardian edit and I was like damn it they edited it again and then I clicked Flex's bio next and his was gone as well. Then I knew I had been screwed over. Once again thanks to Ben, Obsidian3d and bhissong for the support
    No worries, it sucks that this kinda thing has been happening, it's the problem with something like Wikki, if you give anyone access it becomes a zoo!

I've updated Marrina on Alphanex, have a look, tell me if it's ok by you, and I'll keep going

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    No worries, it sucks that this kinda thing has been happening, it's the problem with something like Wikki, if you give anyone access it becomes a zoo!

I've updated Marrina on Alphanex, have a look, tell me if it's ok by you, and I'll keep going

Ben
    Yeah I figured that, but someone comes in just hacks and slashes everything like come on.

Yeah looks great, keep going. Remember I made these power/abilities for your site.

I am so sorry to hear this happened. All your hard work...

Here's the place to comment on the AF shreding by SoM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SoM