Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Avengers #17 -- *Spoilers*

I don't think we "know" that at all.

Last we heard, there was definitely "NO PLAN" to make a new AF book.

Like Ben said, more exposure is good... and we know there's a plan behind all this from what Bendis, Miller and Quesada have hinted at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defunct

Right in the heart!!!

Nothing confirmed, but Miller has stated that his use of Alpha is coordinated with what Bendis is doing, so there's some overarching plan for the characters that doesn't just start and end with "Bendis needs cannon fodder." That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam

Nothing confirmed, but Miller has stated that his use of Alpha is coordinated with what Bendis is doing, so there's some overarching plan for the characters that doesn't just start and end with "Bendis needs cannon fodder." That's all I'm saying.
    With what was said by Bendis just before NA #16, plus the utterances by Quesada, Tom B and Millar, I tend to look more at the positive than the negative. So I'm with Adam.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Me too. It's not like AF fans will cripple them if they're lying, but they know the financial incentives from not lying. If the hints about AF are lies, they know that's money out the window. Forever.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I think you vastly overestimate the profitability of the Alpha Flight brand.

At this point, they're trying to minimize fan backlash by saying there are "plans". But nobody has EVER said a new book was on the way, as far as I know. Certainly not Joe Q.

I think you vastly overestimate the profitability of the Alpha Flight brand.

At this point, they're trying to minimize fan backlash by saying there are "plans". But nobody has EVER said a new book was on the way, as far as I know. Certainly not Joe Q.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    Blaise Pascal
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

My question is what chance do the "New Avengers" have if this thing walked right through AF.

My answer... not a chance. AF would mop the floor with the New Avengers.

Mrs.Marvel held her own until what looks like she has become Binary again.

Okay, the Collective just destroyed a town, some SHIELD agents and AF, but now that the Avengers are here it suddenly wants to talk? WTH?! And yet again an Avenger gets a power boost just in time to bring her up to a power level high enough to take on the big bad. Can Bendis get any more lame?!

Wolvie looks fairly broken up about what happened to AF. Wonder if he's thinking things might have been different if only HE had been there?

Wolverine is supposed to be leaving NA isn't he?

Rumours say wolverine will be leaving NA but it's just a rumour now.

Sure, Bendis is writing pretty poorly this arc. As I said before Feedback, Bishop, and Leech could beatr "the Collective" in their sleep but Cap America and Iron man et al would easily be killed by it. Only character who'd stand a chance in heck would be... nobody in that team, maybe Spider Man if he can avoid geing caught. Wolverine's healing factor wouldn't help once he's burned to a crisp.

Prett lame, and I did say that if Marvel screws AF fans again, they'll feel it in the wallet, again.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Okay, this is a quote of what Bendis wrote in the Avengers Assemble letter page...

"First off, I do not hate Canadians. In fact, I'm married to a Canadian. So I am truly sorry for shocking the Alpha Flight fans. But fear not, my northern brothers, it seems that, all said and done, their defeat in NEW AVENGERS #16 was only a bit of deck clearing for the super Canucks. Alpha Flight is heading towards a major revamp courtesy of Mark Millar's CIVIL WAR extravaganza. Canada is going to be knee-deep in super heroes before you know it. So sit tight and stop defacing pictures of me in Wizard."

MM

But it's NOT happeneing

LOL

Ben

I'll wait and see what happens in the Cival War before I pass judgement.
    I was really looking forward to a couple of pages of AF at least in battle with the Collective. 2 more panels doesn't do anything for me.