Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Avengers #17 -- *Spoilers*

Default New Avengers #17 -- *Spoilers*

Oh joy. . .

...um...does Wolverine really have to ask if that is Alpha Flight? C'MON! I must admit I like his post reaction... but what the heck is up with Spidey back there? And what exactly is up with Puck being stuck in the snow like that? Either some major inconsistincies or there is some more action in between that and their 'demise'... oh well, I'm just going to bite my lip and keep praying for miracles. They might still happen. Do we happen to have any more? Anyways, much appreciated for what we do have...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Interesting to see Persuasion there, just wondering where exactly she came from?

As for Alpha being mangled, we knew that already, so no real change in the status quo.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't see Persuasion there. If you're referring to the woman in red and black, that's Heather.

Second page, directly above the prostrate Shaman. Wearing a bra and not much else. Could be wrong though as even MMLjr looks purple.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

That's Puck II.

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    That's Puck II.
    Fair enough.
    Del

No biggie, just a little more Alpha exposure really. This doesn't make them look any more dead than in the last issue.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    You suck Bendis
    Well, we knew that already but...

AMEN.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

So Puck is buried, Zuzha is disintegrating(?), MML is running towards her, Shaman is out, Mac is fighting, Sasquatch is getting strangled, and Heather is being burned from the inside.

You know who could beat this thing? Feedback, Leech, and Bishop.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Heh, you can see part of Heather's boob.

:P

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

...um...does Wolverine really have to ask if that is Alpha Flight? C'MON! I must admit I like his post reaction

I think why Logan says that is just the shock of seeing a super powered team he knows really well getting the snot kicked out of them.

MM

I think why Logan says that is just the shock of seeing a super powered team he knows really well getting the snot kicked out of them
    Well yeah, I feel you on that... but I mean if that was Colossus, Storm, Cyclops and Beast there... would he really ask "Is that the X-Men?" I just think that the question itself seems a little awkward, and that the only reason it was put there was for the 'witty' response of 'It was.'

Heh, you can see part of Heather's boob.
    Yeah, I was kinda waiting for someone else to point that out... I am... conflicted on that. :P I mean, not very realistic...

I do also like how they say that they don't want to send in any non-powered people because that might be risky, and yet they're allowing Spidey, Spidey-W, Cage and Cap all to go, despite the fact that they all really only have very minor alterations to them... but I guess the same could really be said about most other people... so, this has to take place between Road to Civil War and Civil War... but it doesn't have any relation to the actual events of Civil War itself, no?

100th post!
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I have no problem with this really.

Wolverine's question was more out of disbelief than as an inquiry. Plus I don't think Logan ever met some of those newer members anyways, so even if it was a question it's not that unbelievable.

Plus he has his head buried in his hands on the next page, which hopefully means they're going to explore his reaction to this.

Like Ben said, more exposure is good... and we know there's a plan behind all this from what Bendis, Miller and Quesada have hinted at.