Thread: 'Joe Fridays Tidbits'

Default 'Joe Fridays Tidbits'

17/03/06
    http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays42.html

==============
    BATFAN - Was I dreaming or was Jay Anacleto actually hired by Marvel to draw a sequel to Marvels over a year or so ago? Got any update on that?

JQ: Yes, it’s coming along, but it’s coming along slowly. Jay’s art is very detailed, perhaps the most detailed I’ve ever seen. Heck, let’s show you a couple of pages, whaddaya think, Batfan, would that be cool!
    ==============
    I remember talking to 'Sengsterooney' years ago about Jay Anecleto. The character Pug reminded us so much of Puck that I think we entertained the idea of seeing Anecleto draw Alpha, but being typical Alpha fans 'eternal optimist driven by pesimism' that we concluded that it would take to long for each issue to come out that we soon dropped the idea.

However, with hindsight, this mans work is well worth the wait. I'd be prepared to wait for as long as needed to see Alpha drawn by Anecleto.

Pug
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I can definitely see the resemblance(right down to the "P" on his belt)....Cute.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Wikipedia entry on 'Aria' refers to Pug as Puck.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Double Post

NRAMA: Speculation has centered on a West Coast Avengers branch, or even a Canadian branch involving Alpha Flight. We’re now wondering if post-Civil War, Cap and Iron Man will both form their own Avengers team, perhaps even at odds with one another, competing for “official” sanction as “the” true Avengers team…

JQ: Well, that’s a great theory, but not quite. By the way, I guess you missed when Tom Brevoort said at the Civil War panel that there would be no West Coast Avengers.
    Del

Default and this?

Over at Joe Q's Board a guy posted:

Based on this week's issue of Avengers, which I don't have in front of me at the moment, I'd say you could probably get a good idea of what might be coming up for Alpha Flight after Civil War by reading what Bendis wrote on the letters page.
    Now what does that mean? I live hours from any comic book store...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

"First off, I do not hate Canadians. In fact, I'm married to a Canadian. So I am truly sorry for shocking the Alpha Flight fans. But fear not, my northern brothers, it seems that, all said and done, their defeat in NEW AVENGERS #16 was only a bit of deck clearing for the super Canucks. Alpha Flight is heading towards a major revamp courtesy of Mark Millar's CIVIL WAR extravaganza. Canada is going to be knee-deep in super heroes before you know it. So sit tight and stop defacing pictures of me in Wizard."

Posted by Maniac Mike on The New Avengers #17 thread.
    Del