Thread: Sentinel Squad O*N*E

Default Sentinel Squad O*N*E

I just picked up the first three in this limited series. I like the basic idea, though I wonder why Marvel USA didn't do something like this sooner, and the art was good.

However, I don't get why they would thake a Sentinel unit that is otherwise a rough 20 odd feet tall and quadruple its size to 80' for purposes of urban combat ... unless of course the idea is too cause as much property damage as possible ... as opposed ot limiting and/or preventing such damage.

Seems the government could have gotten Stark to make more mandroid units for its use ... maybe cut back on the mandroid armour and/or armaments abit for purposes of mass production. Or, too maintain the snazzy Sentinel look, rescale the Sentinel down to 10 or 15 feet.

Anyway, while the idea is neat, the story is a little weak ... in that the big event that is taking place is "giant robots vs. dinosaurs" ... tech-enhanced Savaga Land dino.s that is. Man, Bubba and the Behemoth and Red Ronin, and their hunt for Godzilla was cool and can't be topped. This is a mere pale reflection.

At anyrate, we all know what Sentinels are supposed to do, so lets see something like that, right? It would have been nice to see some fights with some villianous metahumans or what have you.

However, I don't get why they would thake a Sentinel unit that is otherwise a rough 20 odd feet tall and quadruple its size to 80' for purposes of urban combat ... unless of course the idea is too cause as much property damage as possible ... as opposed ot limiting and/or preventing such damage.
    I thought of it as a 'worse possible scenario precaution' kinda thing... I mean they've already in their first mission encountered an enemy that gets giant sized compared to them... so they can battle dinosaur sized threats as well... also, while it probably doesn't seem like it, the size probably does increase the maximum amount of energy that is provided to the sentinel, thus increasing its capabilities.

At anyrate, we all know what Sentinels are supposed to do, so lets see something like that, right? It would have been nice to see some fights with some villianous metahumans or what have you.
    But these ones are supposed to do something different, preventing harm from either sides... fighting metahumans would give the impression that their purpose is to battle mutants... battling in the savage land gives them a test for the soldiers while not committing them to any anti images, as would be done if they fought a metahuman villain, especially depending on size/power/evil of that metahuman and the appropriate remedy.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    they've already in their first mission encountered an enemy that gets giant sized compared to them... so they can battle dinosaur sized threats as well... also, while it probably doesn't seem like it, the size probably does increase the maximum amount of energy that is provided to the sentinel, thus increasing its capabilities.
    But does it? I mean the ultimate piece of hi-tech. weaponary in all of Marvel Earth history is the Iron Man battle armour; the best model of which is far superior to any assembly-line Sentinel, and probably equal to any of the singular models like Nimrod. In fact, the best suit of Iron Man armour (the S.K.I.N.s armour?!) could probably trounce the most sophisticated Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    But these ones are supposed to do something different, preventing harm from either sides... fighting metahumans would give the impression that their purpose is to battle mutants... battling in the savage land gives them a test for the soldiers while not committing them to any anti images, as would be done if they fought a metahuman villain, especially depending on size/power/evil of that metahuman and the appropriate remedy.
    Goodpoint here. Still giant robots vs. dinosaurs?! I've already seen that. I mean, God-freakin-zilla vs. Red Ronin (!!!), how can you top that?!?

It just seesm they could have done something .... else. The trial run vs. the Hulk robot was fun! The trial run vs. Galactus was absurd ... but kinda fun once you realized you weren't supposed to take it seriously. Dinosaurs is .... mildly entertaining, but kinda blah for me.

Cheers, mate!

I'm digging it. Not digging them in any of the X-titles, at all, like woah, but I'm digging this book.

Still giant robots vs. dinosaurs?! I've already seen that. I mean, God-freakin-zilla vs. Red Ronin (!!!), how can you top that?!?
    Well, yeah, I'm with you on that one. I'm not sure if robots vs. dinosaurs will ever get too old for me, but I suppose unless its done well it can get pretty boring. I did like the fact that the dinos totally whooped up on them... I liked their enhancements... but I just got 3 a day ago, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off this "out of the robots" battle thing... I mean I know its a sentinel comic... but I'm really enjoying these personal dynamics and their own abilities junk...

I'm digging it. Not digging them in any of the X-titles, at all, like woah, but I'm digging this book.
    Yeah, I actually have found that really odd... I'm loving the way these characters are done in their own series, but I'm hardly even wanting to pay any of them, even those with spotlights, any further attention.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...