Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your other favorite unsung teams...

I also liked the Invaders, (World War II homefront team). History can be fun!

I'd have to go with(from Marvel/besides AF, of course)...The Micronauts/Microns(or even starring in a "Tales of the Microverse" book...whatever name will get them a new series, Darn it!) and the Champions.

...As for DC...Definitely, The Doom Patrol(I love those freaks).

Dana

Unsung teams? I always had a soft spot for the Winter Guard. they are never used correctly (much like AF), and usually used as filler/cameo characters, when you need someone to make an appearance.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

A couple more...

The Soviet Super-Soldiers/People's Protectorate (Marvel)
    The Super-Buddies (DC)
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

The marvel run of GIJoe was probably one of the best written books of its time. Sure there were some throwaway plotlines, but I dare anyone to read that series and say it was just a toy tie-in. The new stuff doesn't do much for me, but I'm a bit behind on America's Elite.

Teams...The Reavers, the ORIGINAL Reavers. The Hellions, again, the original ones, I've already mentioned Generation X, but they deserve more attention...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I never read the Micronauts; but imagine if we took over its website / letters page. We could call it Microwaves.

Ha! I Kill me. But first, I kill you.

Second on ClanDestine, Excalibur (Alan Davis), New Warriors (Fabian Nicieza), and Runaways.

I'm leaping to teams with their own serieses here, that's just how my mind... works, for want of a better term. I tend to lean towards team books, and usually the more obscure ones.

Young Justice! (Todd Nauck drew that, btw.)
    Young Avengers.
    Young Sovereign Seven.

- Le Messor
    "At least when she was burning stuff down I knew what to say."
    - Buffy's Dad

Does anybody remember the Sectaurs? They were kind of anthropomorphic insects and arachnids with their own title way back in the 80's. I always liked Skulk the Tarantula riding Spider anthro myself...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    Does anybody remember the Sectaurs? They were kind of anthropomorphic insects and arachnids with their own title way back in the 80's. I always liked Skulk the Tarantula riding Spider anthro myself...
    Yres, but I think they where toys before been a comic, a little bit like GI Joe
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I'm pretty sure it was a toy-tie in, (and a cartoon as well) but it was still pretty cool , except for the obligatory sorcery... I was very young back then, I don't remember much. I remember thinking how strange it was that they could take off their exoskeletons the same way you'd take off a shirt...

There were even mini comics that came with the figures , I wish I still had them, but things get lost over the years. I have the Skulk action figure with weapons off of Ebay (loose).