Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Byrne Draws AF Again...

Yah, so I asked on the Byrne forum if I could show this pic on AF.net, the fellow who commisioned it gave his OK, still waiting on JB's ok, but should he have a problem, I'll take it down. Anyway, I just finished colouring this image, and had to put it up. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, there's a lot of detail on the image, so presented it's self as a chalange. The machinery-wall had me stumped for a while, I had to come back to it with a fresh mind before I figured out something I was happy with. anyway, sorry for stretching the heck out of the forum, but I didn't want to resize the image.

Ben

that looks amazing with the colour, you should pat yourself on the back. awesome job
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

AWWWW Dammit,

Great job Ben. No point me doing it now!

JC

Awesome job there Ben.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    AWWWW Dammit,

Great job Ben. No point me doing it now!

JC
    Sure there is! It's always nice to see different styles on the same piece! Thanks though

and to Shaman, I'll refrain from any back patting 'till morning when I see it fresh and decide if I'm really happy with it or no

Ben

Good looking colors. It's nice to know there are people out there that like digital coloring. It comes in handy later on for us pencilers who hate doing it. Nice work.

we should make a contest, like how can you draw differently the same pic. I would like to try even if I'm nowhere as good as Ben :P
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I tried coloring the pic last night with MS Paint and had no luck. Ben what program did you use? Also any tips?

And does anyone know how much it would cost me to get Byrne to draw something up for me? I hate to ask again but I'm serious about commisioning him to do an image.

I use Paint Shop Pro, it's like a poor-man's photoshop, but I really like it. As for tips, you gotta learn how to use layers!

Cost is as follows, quoted from an email by his art-rep:

"He is most interested in doing the artwork on 20" x 30" board and charges $3,000-$3,500 for most non-X-Men pieces and $5,000 for X-Men pieces. The actual price will be determined when John agrees to do the piece."

Ben

ouch.

thats alot of money to draw a picture.

Yeah it is. Thanks Ben. I think I'll be drawing it myself.

Another color attempt:

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/u...ianVsOmega.jpg

Looks amazing! $3-5K for a piece?! I was going to have one done, maybe I won't at that rate.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

This picture makes me sad.

I wish we had more Byrne Alpha Flight.

Beautiful artwork, beautiful colouring!

- Le Messor
    "Envy is a pain of mind that successful men cause their neighbors."

Hey Ben, looks like you may have pissed off the great man. I would think, that like any of the stuff he does he considers it a masterpiece and won't tolerate us mere mortals tampering with it. Prolly wishes he could write, draw, ink, colour and letter anything he does to prevent lesser mortals sullying his greatness

Bad Ben
    http://byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum...90&PN=1&TPN=21
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!