Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Byrne Draws AF Again...

Hybrid View

Default Byrne Draws AF Again...

It's a commissioned piece (20x30), Guardian vs. Gamma Flight

Click to see it as his website:

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...=1&totPosts=40

That is one excellent image. Brings back the memories of Alpha around that time. Thanks for the heads up SasqFan.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Nice! I think I'm gonna have to take a shot at colouring this bad-boy!

Ben

hate to sound stupid......

but whats a commission?

btw, brings back old memories.

It's basically when you pay an artist to draw, ink or paint a peice for your collection.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Hey, that really was a nice piece! Very enjoyable... what an interesting man Mr. Byrne is... very quirky! Claims to abhor Alpha Flight, yet draws such a nice Guardian... *sigh* I hope he does more...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Nice! I think I'm gonna have to take a shot at colouring this bad-boy!

Ben

Yeah, me too..! It's a Beauty.

JC

The next person who tries to convince me that it was a *good* thing that the inker all but redrew Byrne's Superman panels is going to have a hard time reproducing -- I'm short and have fine access to the vitals.

Just...yeah. Byrne-on-Byrne art is the love. *melt*

Suzene

Absolutely wonderful! It's nice to see Bryne doing Alpha again, I know it's just one piece but still, it looks great.

Ben-any chance get a copy of the pic for the site?

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    Absolutely wonderful! It's nice to see Bryne doing Alpha again, I know it's just one piece but still, it looks great.

I think reproducing the pic on the site could be a problem. John Byrne is very definate in regards to his work. The pics from published works are shown at the discretion of Marvel, while Byrne's commissions are not considered public domain.

Thats why when I post anything from Byrne robotics it's only as a link, as even the text is considered copyright. Not being a legal eagle, I would consider asking Byrne himself or more prolly the person who commisioned the piece before any reproduction.

Just saying
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega

I would highly recommend against it.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

How much do you think he charges for a commissioned piece? Reason I ask is I just got my income tax return .

I'm seriously considering a Sasquatch piece if the fee is doable.

Nice commission.

Some very nice Bryne AF artwork here:
    http://www.artofjohnbyrne.com/cgi-bi...H=alpha+flight

has more alpha artwork. Some nice pieces. Unused covers etc.
    My Pull List: Teen Titans, JSA, Ultimates 2, X-Factor, Nextwave, Young Avengers, She-Hulk, Planetary Brigade, Jack Staff, Savage Dragon, Infinite Crisis, Albion, Grounded, Generation M, The Perhapanauts, Marvel Zombies & Dead Girl

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    Nice commission.

Some very nice Bryne AF artwork here:
    http://www.artofjohnbyrne.com/cgi-bi...H=alpha+flight

has more alpha artwork. Some nice pieces. Unused covers etc.
    No matter what you think of his net personna, I think most people will agree that no one draws AF like Byrne. They come alive when you see a Byrne rendition IMHO.
    Del

I particularly love how huge he drew Sasquatch, especially in the promo ads - that depiction was one of the things that really grabbed my attention the first time I ever saw them (which was the ad for #12)....