Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, I know it's late

Thanks for that post varo, at least someone is willing to say something straight instead of trying to string us along. Not that it was the answer I was hoping for, but at least it wasn't hyped up BS. IMO it seems they don't have any idea yet what to do with the team, but know they have to do something fairly soon to keep the rabid fans off their backs.

i'd hate to sound optimist here but every reply has been ended with a "yet"
    or "at this time"

We have no plans for an ALPHA FLIGHT series at the moment.

neither ALPHA FLIGHT nor any derivation of ALPHA FLIGHT is presently one of them.
    Read my lips: no new ALPHA FLIGHT book planned at this time

then getting upset when I tell you that there is no ALPHA FLIGHT book being planned at this moment.
    at this moment, at this time, currently.

hate to be a eternal optimist here, but it sounds like there may be something going on at the marvel offices. like talking mr. millar into writing the new series or sifting through the various proposals.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being an optimist varo, I'm betting there will be a new AF series too. I'm just tired of being strung along by TPTB at Marvel.

I'm just tired of being strung along by TPTB at Marvel.
    what does TPTB stand for, I may have heard it in it's entirety but I don't think I've seen the abbreviation before
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

TPTB = The Poweres That Be

thanks, that one was was bugging me when I read it.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i'd hate to sound optimist here but every reply has been ended with a "yet" or "at this time"
    We have no plans for an ALPHA FLIGHT series at the moment.
    hate to be a eternal optimist here, but it sounds like there may be something going on at the marvel offices.
    All that stuff sounds to me more like 'We have no plans for an Alpha Flight series at all. But that doesn't mean we never, ever will'.

I don't think Marvel will do an Alpha Flight series, (even if they do an Alpha Flight title ) at any point soon. Please to remember, they tend to think that because v2 and v3 didn't sell, there's no room for Alpha Flight. The idea that neither book actually had AF, and therefore both were skewed, doesn't mean much to them.

You can't vote with your wallet. They get the wrong idea.

- Le Messor
    "Even a hawk is an eagle among crows."

Well, Tom Brevoort vaguely says this, which may have no bearing on Alpha Flight:

Originally Posted by Scratchy
    how many team books are supposed to spin 'directly' out of Civil War, at the moment?

I wouldn't specify team book or other, but right now we're talking about two or three new books during CIVIL WAR (some of which you've already heard about), and then probably something like four new books out of the aftermath.

Tom B
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

By these 'new books' during Civil War, is he referring to actual newly introducted books, or is he talking about short miniseries to be exclusively for the purpose of Civil War? Because if it is wholly new series...es.. (is there such thing as a plural of series?), I'm very upset... I'll already be pressed with trying to manage the actual Civil War titles, and adding even more new titles will really stretch readers thin... Joe Q keeps trying to push titles like Runaways, and there is a movement to support quality good titles that aren't selling too well, like Thing, She-Hulk and the Young Avengers... tossing in new titles will essential demolish (yes, I was tempted to say Decimate, but then I'd be a tool, wouldn't I?) these smaller titles. Additionally, I think we should all be hoping for as few new titles as possible, so that when Alpha Flight eventually does come back (of course, this supposes that it will come back), that new readers will have enough spare comic money to try it out... as it is... *sigh* Luckily alot of the bigger titles are starting to suck, so I'm going to get to drop those. (*cough* New Avengers *cough*) And with regards to these new books... if they're not teams, or at least individuals... my worry is that they'll just be making more of the same, AKA yet another Wolvie title, or even worse yet another Spidey title... and that will lessen the quality of that franchise even further, while at the same time stretching fans over several titles just so that they have to work to find those that will eventually be lasting, or worse simply have a lasting influence over that character and Marvel history, while actual good, fun, entertaining stories will be lost...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

From what I've read, all are supposed to be new series, not miniseries, and most are supposed to be based on established characters/teams.

I wonder if Joe Q. constantly saying "If there's an Alpha Flight series, Mark Millar would have to be involved" is somehow a shot at Millar/Bendis for hyping Alpha Flight in print, like here. Probably not.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I presumed the 3 during civil war were Frontline, Runaways/Young Avengers and X-Men:Civil War.

Presumption is a mother' though...

I presumed the 3 during civil war were Frontline, Runaways/Young Avengers and X-Men:Civil War.
    The only reason that I read that element slightly different is that these aren't new books exactly, but rather miniseries... but come to think of it, I can't remember many times when they've been labeled as the latter over the former... so I guess that may have been a misinterpretation on my part... while I'm still not sure if that is right or not, I'm pressing my hands together with hope that these '3 new books' are indeed those you mentioned... I'm also curious as to why Joe Q is so determined to make sure that Young Avengers doesn't go down in flames... although somewhat unrelated to the topic at hand, has anyone read the Young Avengers books (consistently) and if so, are they indeed so good? I only picked up and off-hand issue or two... Runaways I pick up regularly, but I even missed the introduction of the Young Avengers entirely...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Heroes for Hire?!

Hoo boy...

Didn't the title sorta tank the last time they ran it?

Oh well.

Guess I'll resume gnashing my teeth in futile rage.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    Heroes for Hire?!

Hoo boy...

Didn't the title sorta tank the last time they ran it?
    You mean like She-hulk?