Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, I know it's late

Default OK, I know it's late

Originally Posted by Scratchy, at comix-fan

If you have any idea, sir, what books could Alpha Flight show up in, besides the Civil War miniseries, of course, and the Northstar cameo in X-Men?

I have a very good idea--but it's not something we're ready to talk about just yet, sorry.

Tom B
    At least that gives Scratchy and varo and the other posters over there something positive
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Oh, I know we all do. I bet Scratchy and all the other posters at comix-fan are pummeling Joe Q. with "when is series four coming out", I know I am.

Live it.

In short, to get right to the point, no beating about the bush, no dancing around the issues here. Any chance of a link?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

http://www.x-mencomics.com/xfan/

forums, creators, tom b, general questions, start at the last page and make your way back.

I think it's probably better at this point for Marvel to expose the characters more and try and preach to the unconverted for a little bit before pumping out a new series.
    With the image blow that the last series gave AF to the general public it may be a tad harder to go shopping a series out yet.

JC

Well, if they WERE to relaunch the Flight...

They'd do well to mix any bright new ideas they have with some hombres and chicas who actually have a fanbase...

Not to preach DC's doctrine over here, but the JSA relaunch did well because they had a good mix of established (in some cases, Golden-Age) and new characters.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

If AF were to be re-launched, I think new characters would be a bad idea.

There are enough great characters in AF that new ones make little sense. In fact, I think the only non-Byrne character I liked was Box III, even though Jeffries was a Byrne character.

I also think "team costumes" would be a really bad idea.

I think either Mac needs to go back to the grave, or Heather needs to retire. AF doesn't need both.

Or, have them both retire, and put someone else in the flag suit? Madison Jeffries maybe? Could a Box/Guardian cross work?

Scratchy got another one in tonight at Joe Fridays

Scratchy - So with 3 titles involving known characters/teams being launched during Civil War, and at least two more titles involving known characters/teams being launched after Civil War, maybe in early 2007, what are the chances that one will be Alpha Flight, or centered on/near Alpha Flight??

100%? 50-50? 70-30? 20-80? 0%?

JQ: Well, there’s definitely a 100% chance that it will or it won’t happen. You’re a sneaky guy, Scratchy, you almost got that info out of me. Some good stuff is planned during and after Civil War, many old faves and even some new stuff, but you’re going to have to watch it unfold little by little and it’s way too soon, even for Joe Fridays to discuss the end of 2006 and the beginning of 2007.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hmmm, So Joe is maybe implying an all or nothing discussion for Alpha Flight. But the fact that he even deigns to answer what Scratchy asked is something, it does mean Alpha Flight is on the minds of the EiC. For what end purpose is unknown. But I'll take the positive outlook that if they're talking about Alpha Flight, that can only mean good.

Live it.

there was also this:
    Speaking about a possible Alpha Flight series, and if Mark Millar would be writing it, Quesada said that if there would be a new series, Millar would probably be involved.
    at
    http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA06/Marvel/MondoMvl.htm

ironic considering the source of that rumor, no?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Curioser and curioser. It seems that maybe, Alpha Flight will come out after Civil War, in 2007. Or not. Still rumours, but that's better than "no" this and "no" that.

I'm still thinking this all means AF in 2007.

Live it.

ARGH! I'm tired of all his evasions! I don't want to waste my money on another series (ala Earth X & Paradise X) where AF is given a small (yet useless) role in it, get nearly wiped out and are never heard from again. If the team plays a large role with some relevence in Civil War I'll buy it, but I don't want all this hope-building on JQ's part to be nothing more than a scam to get us to pick up the title. Never has AF played a major role in any crossover and since they don't have a book of their own I don't see it happening this time around either. If Marvel really does have plans for our guys then I wish they would give us some concrete statements and none of this wait and see.

Quesada is a professional hype man. It's his job to get the fans whipped into a frenzy over speculation. I personally find it annoying as hell and pretty much assume that anything that comes out of the man's mouth is snake oil. Much easier that way.

Suzene

gotta give him credit, he keeps on answering the questions:

tom thanks for being so gracious and answering all the questions, no matter how repetitive, and down right annoying they may be.
    but just so i can clear this up.....as a long time alpha flight fan (series 1, issue 1). if the news that "alpha flight fans will be thrilled" "what if avengers 16 sets up a new series with a-list creative team" and "i am writing alpha flight to restore their former glory for a possible new series"
    the only thing alpha flight fans can be "thrilled" about is either between a new series, which you have mentioned on multiple occasions is not in the works, or glorified guest cameos. unless some of the main characters will be used in a prominent ongoing.

i am just confused by all of the different stories i am hearing.

That's because you want the answer to all your questions now, and we're not prepared to give it to you now. Have patience.

Tom B