Thread: Here's What Joe Q told me...

Default Here's What Joe Q told me...

After the talk started about AF being in the works, I emailed Joe Q, I just got a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Quesada
    Ben:

It's too early to report anything concrete so I would rather hold off until I have hints to give that are based on more than just some ideas that are circulating among offices here at Marvel. Stand by.

JQ

I think thats more a positive than a negative. Given whats been said recently, I remain cautiously optimistic.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'd say 1% above neutral, on the optimistic side.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Meh. we should write and draw our own AF title. Who needs Marvel?

damn ben, anyone on the inside of marvel you don't have diret connections to?

it sounds to me like there is a accpeted proposal or solid proposal, they are just fine tuning the particulars, but i may also be very optimistic.

even tom b's reply's had a hint of optimism in them, he always said "yet" when talking about a new alpha series.

btw, that defitanetly sounds more optimistic than a cameo by northstar in xmen.

Hey... at least ideas are circulating around the office... thats at least something. I agree on the slightly plus optomistic side. Thanks so much Ben (and I guess Joe Q too... :P I'd give several dollars to be able to just sit around and hear the Marvel geeks gossip for a little while... mostly I'd actually just like to hear all the bad ideas... haha.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    damn ben, anyone on the inside of marvel you don't have diret connections to?
    Meh, it's really not connections, I run a popular enough site that's gotten enough attention that when I ask questions, creators and editors will at least acknowledge me.

Ben

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I'm sure someone at MARVEL wants to publish a decent AF book

Since the current A-listers may be reluctant to do a new Alpha Flight series, and many people here have good ideas and plot-lines, why not submit a brief proposal to MARVEL?

And Ben, you da man!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

me and Shaman have been working on that very subject. Its been that Ive been so busy cuz of real life personal issues that Shaman and Ben know about. Also, writing everything in a one shot is harder cuz you dont want anything to dramatic then it feels rushed in 1 ish.

Note to Shaman-- Im going to get it done

not to worry mos, good to see you online again
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Good to hear from you again, Mos Def. I sent an email to Joe Q about what is up but I don't have Ben's notoriety, so no response. Too bad.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    I'd give several dollars to be able to just sit around and hear the Marvel geeks gossip for a little while... mostly I'd actually just like to hear all the bad ideas... haha.
    Be careful what you wish for...

Knowing Marvel, those are the ones you're going to see in print!

- Le Messor, ever cynical, and now cynical about his cynicism...
    "Eeeney-Meeney, Chili-beanie, the spirits are about to speak!"

Oh no, I mean the ones that even they think are bad ideas, the ones that even the craziest of people turn down... and that is saying something! I can hardly even fathom what such a beast would look like... which is why I'd love to see it!
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    I'd give several dollars to be able to just sit around and hear the Marvel geeks gossip for a little while... mostly I'd actually just like to hear all the bad ideas... haha.
    Be careful what you wish for...

Knowing Marvel, those are the ones you're going to see in print!

- Le Messor, ever cynical, and now cynical about his cynicism...
    "Eeeney-Meeney, Chili-beanie, the spirits are about to speak!"
    I agree. I wonder who thought The Auctioneer and The Manimator were good ideas.

I'm getting the original run filled in, and I can see why a lot of folks stayed with Alpha Flight. Don't have them all yet [68, 69, 71, 73, 78, 85, 91, 95, 119-126, and 130], but James Hudnall fixed the female Walter thing quite nicely, wrote stories with internal integrity, and made DreamQueen one scary, formidible piece of work (got to get part 4), Simon Furman handled the huge team deftly, and Fabian Nicenza wrote complicated stories.

Why they couldn't have been given a second chance to do AF is beyond me.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.