Thread: Wolverine issues

Default Wolverine issues

OK. Anyone buy Wolverine #38 where Wolverine returns to Dept H supposedly in his quest to finally regain his memories? And was the Puck appearance some time in the past 6 months worth reading or was he out of character? I Apologize for all of the questions, but I have been very out of the loop and am trying to get caught up.
    Thanks guys.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Wolverine issues

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Anyone buy Wolverine #38 where Wolverine returns to Dept H supposedly in his quest to finally regain his memories?
    It's not on any of my lists...

And was the Puck appearance some time in the past 6 months worth reading or was he out of character?
    Little from column A, little from column B.
    He was drunk, supposedly a drunk, which was supposed to be a new character thing. He looked like Mr. Potato Head, but I don't know what that is.
    It wasn't that clear he was meant to be alcoholic, apart from a speech roughly on the subject, stolen from 'West Wing'.
    Um, but it's the next step in the evolution of the character, and should be kept for that. Missing it would be like missing the issue where the Hudsons' daughter is born.

- Le Messor
    "Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you diet."

to my interpretation, he came across as a guy on a deep bender, not an alcoholic defined by day-to-day dependence.
    i would describe it as being well-written enough to be worth having
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Remember in v2 #1 when they showed Puck crawling out of an alley? I presumed it was set in that time range, when he was certainly down in the dumps.

Ben

I agree. I don't see Eugene as a full-blown alcoholic, just a guy prone to tying a few too many on when he's having fun.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Default Re: Wolverine issues

OK. Anyone buy Wolverine #38 where Wolverine returns to Dept H supposedly in his quest to finally regain his memories?
    It was Department K rather than H, just a typo in the solicitations.

The Puck appearance you're asking about is recent. It's from X-Men Unlimited (2nd series) #12, publishing date February 2006. I think it's worth picking up, well, because Alpha Flight's in it!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I bought that Wolvie issue... and that was actually when I first learned that Bucky was still alive (thanks to my general choice to ignore fan discussions and the Captain America comics prior to recently), so I got a good laugh out of that. A good laugh, a good scream, a good gasp in shock... it was a cacophony of sound erupting from my body. But yeah, it was K, not H.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...