Thread: AOA Titles

Default AOA Titles

That aren't related to Alpha Flight....But I talk about them a lot, so...

I think I finally know why the X-Men attacked the Hellions and arrested them:
    1. According to "It Only Hurts When I Cry", The Hellions were being trained by agents of Apocalypse, making them "collaborators" to some extent.
    and
    2. It was the X-Men's first outing as government hounds and the media was there, so they chose the weakest possible foes they could find and caught them off guard so they could be assured a "spectacular victory..."

I still think it was cowardly.
    So you're sitting in an abandoned school watching cartoons, and the X-Men come out of nowhere, beat the crap out of you and throw you in jail....

What's funny is, they busted Cyclops too, and he betrayed Apocalypse and almost died trying to help rescue people from the Pens...

As much as I hate to say it though... they're all probably safer in jail than out among an understandably angry human population who (wrongly)want mutant blood and don't care who it comes from...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Also:

Just how widely-known was Cyclops' heroism?

In the orignal readthrough, after all, he was still there when Alex killed Jean... thereby dooming everyone.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I guess the people they rescued could testify in his behalf, along with Valerie Cooper, his contact in the Resistance...Logan was there and saw Alex shoot Jean and reveal Scott as a traitor before trying to blow him away (he wasn't able to get there in time to stop him from shooting Jean, there was a crowd of civilians in the way...I think...)

AOA didn't vanish (It's an Alternate universe. Every action creates another alternate universe, so the Legion Bishop killed was in a differant past.)

I don't want to spoil anything by telling you how, but the bombs came apart as they were falling and didn't detonate. (X-Men Age of Apocalypse One-Shot #1)

This brings up a few questions in my mind:

1. Was it necessary for Bishop to kill Legion ? The poor kid wasn't evil, crazy maybe, but if he knew what would happen he'd never have tried his well-intentioned, if stupid, stunt.

2. What happened to Europe? Rex was sent by Apoc' to expand the Great Sea Wall and destroy Eurasia, and before the bombs fell it was getting close...I wrote a short (pathetic) fan-fic about it called "Unleashed" on Fanart Central trying to explain, but I really have no idea...

I use the name Ran The Hyena on Fanart Central if anyone wants to check out my work...

Sorry I took so long to reply...
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard