Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wikipedia-Alpha Flight

Default Wikipedia-Alpha Flight

Alright just updated Vindicator and Guardian entries adding their powers/abilities. Did I get them all? also did Heather re-erupt Mt.Fuji it sure seemed like it

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vindicator
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardia...rvel_Comics%29

Who should I update next, Shaman, Puck or Sasquatch?

Edit: I will do Snowbird next.

mungi, you are a god among men. don't let anyone tell you any different.

Good to hear someone else is editing Wikipedia. Someone very quickly wrote that the members were dead as of Avengers #16, and Guardian was regarded as "Deceased." I tried to clean up the events described in that issue, pointing out that their current status is unknown, and that Mark Millar and Joe Quesada have infered a future incarnation of Alpha Flight. I also changed Guardian's status to "Wounded; possibly deceased" and Alpha Flight's status from "deceased" to "unknown." Just trying to add a bit of hope to those pages.

BTH

haha yeah I saw your edits actually bhissong, cuidos oh and welcome to the board.

Good job people! And welcome bhissong
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Awesome work, glad to see someone is doing it. Actually the thing that has bothered me for the longest time is the Shaman and Puck enteries not being in the standard comic character profile form... the way they're up now seems disorganized and also makes it seem like they aren't important enough characters. But once again, awesome work on the entries so far!
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Northstar Powers/Abilities updated:
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar

Who should I do next? Puck, Sasquatch or Shaman?

I don't think words exist to convey my loathing for wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I don't think words exist to convey my loathing for wikipedia.
    I'm not a big fan of it, but a lot of people use it. So this way people can still learn what Alpha Flight is capable of.

Oh I'm not knocking what you're doing, or your enthusiasm for it.

Just generally stating.

Default wiki

Yeah, Wikipedia's articles can certainly be dubious at times. But at least here in the States, it's slowly gaining more cred. As a librarian, I use it sometimes to find more obscure information (like Alpha Flight character bios.). It's also a nice outlet for fans to set the record straight (when everyone else jumps to the conclusion that a certain team is dead). Of course, in comics, the dead never stay "dead."

BTH

Should people have the energy and interest in such things, I'm always looking to add new Alphanex entries on AF.net, just haven't had a lot of time. If people wanna write 'em, I'll do the code an make 'em pretty.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Should people have the energy and interest in such things, I'm always looking to add new Alphanex entries on AF.net, just haven't had a lot of time. If people wanna write 'em, I'll do the code an make 'em pretty.

Ben
    Well what do you want Ben? you can use the power/abilities if you want to.