Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circumstantial Evidence Considered.

Default Circumstantial Evidence Considered.

Now why would Wolverine be battling S.H.I.E.L.D again, so soon after 'Enemy of the State' ?

bottom of the page.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

lack of editorial focus?
    Kirikman thinks he can do it better?
    Wolvie just learns Northstar is in SHIELD possession and launches a guilt-motivated rescue?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Now I'd like to think it was the third option. The idea of Wolvie going up against S.H.I.E.L.D without bumping into Northstar, seems totally absurd. However this is Marvel and it's not as if absurd hasn't been seen before. Then we have that statement from Mr Quesada regarding Northstar.

Then again it will probably be just another Wolvie appearence that features S.H.I.E.L.D for four panels, but a revamped 'Champions' with Wolvie and Northstar in the line up would be interesting.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm guessing its promo art for a new S.H.I.E.L.D. series that will spin off from the fallout of Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by JackFrostUK
    I'm guessing its promo art for a new S.H.I.E.L.D. series that will spin off from the fallout of Civil War.
    Could be, but I can't see no mention of a new S.H.I.E.L.D. in either the 'Cup O Joe' panel or 'Civil War' panel reports at Newsarama.
    Del

New Avengers are not on good terms with S.H.I.E.L.D. as seen in New Avengers #16. Civil War will make things worse.

I think a new SHIELD series would be a good idea.

Who would you want as the writer?

So if Kirkman is not gonna be doing a new S.H.I.E.L.D. series (considering Kirkman says that this is an ongoing, I doubt it would be S.H.I.E.L.D.) then they could appear in a mini series following Civil War. If they did I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck Dixon or Greg Rucka pen a story for them.
    Del

Complete shot in the dark here. Maybe this is a page from the new Alpha Flight? We have speculated that Wolvie will be part of it, maybe he's on his way to Shield to grab NS to take back to AF.

Ben

COULDN'T THIS BE THE START OF THE 2ND AVENGERS BOOK THAT HAS BEEN TEASED AT?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I discounted a new Alpha Flight book, because to have finished art so soon doesn't seem that plausible. A Northstar limited may have been a reasonable bet, but Kirkman says it's ongoing. Wolverine Origins (whatever it's called seems to be a non starter, prolly why I opted for a revamped 'Champion', I'm sure 'The Champions' was mentioned at a recent Newsrama story by Mr Quesada.

Kozzi, I hadn't considered the second 'Avengers' book, good call.
    Del

I don't know. It could be Alpha flight related since it's not a Wolverine book. But who knows? AF or Avengers Flight, returning to get Northstar for more hardcore AF, who knows? An old story had Wolverine leaving New Avengers after Civil War or earlier, so it's all guesswork, Again.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I wouldn't guess that its from an Alpha Flight book... and I also don't mind Wovlie slicing up more SHIELD boys, they've gone way off the mark... plus, I like the art and artist a whole bunch.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Taken from the last Joe Friday's.
    NRAMA: Speculation has centered on a West Coast Avengers branch, or even a Canadian branch involving Alpha Flight. We’re now wondering if post-Civil War, Cap and Iron Man will both form their own Avengers team, perhaps even at odds with one another, competing for “official” sanction as “the” true Avengers team…

JQ: Well, that’s a great theory, but not quite. By the way, I guess you missed when Tom Brevoort said at the Civil War panel that there would be no West Coast Avengers.
    Del

Well, some suggestions that I've heard elsewhere is that the book from which this is drawn is actually Ant-Man... although how precisely that was directly associated with the provided picture, I'm not really sure...

As to the no West Coast Avengers thing, I also heard another suggestion about how Wolverine could indeed play a role in a new Alpha Flight/Avengers North type thing, leaving America after Civil War to go to Canada... but I'm still hesitant to agree with that given that Wolverine will still be America tied to the Astonishing X-Men book... and while JW has been given plenty of freedoms in working outside the realm of direct influences of other people, he still has to work some continuity.

I'm now in the line that there will be a SHIELD title, but to be honest I'm not entirely sure that this would be it given the action of the provided photo... really, am just not sure, but I loved Hester's work on GA, and while I've now come to associate that style with him, if the story is good I'm sure I can extend it to this...

My problem is that they'll drop photos like this, announce the title and then we'll never really even make the connection... to be quite honest, I'd already pretty much forgotten about this photo/series without a name... so its just frustration... oh well. So if anyone learns what this actually is... please be sure to share.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

If you're on about the very last image it's from Kirkman/Hester's new Ant-Man ongoing.

Wolverine is at odds with SHIELD again though since the whole Secret War incident, plus they're not too keen on him having all his memories back since HoM and the fact that he's with the Avengers. Fury is now no longer with SHIELD so Northstar is pretty much not known about.