Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Ultimate take on Alpha

Default An Ultimate take on Alpha

I thought I would give it a shot as well. I'm not that great of a writer so I don't have any story-lines yet, just character Bios. Let me know what you think.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

SHAMAN
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 170 lbs

Michael Twoyoungmen WAS one of the Brightest and Gifted Medical Surgeons throughout all of Canada, That was until he lost his wife Kathryn to Ovarian cancer. Leaving his Profession and his daughter Elizabeth behind him he became a recluse, seeming to disappear into the Canadian wilderness.

Ten years had passed, when out of nowhere he seemed to return, accompanied by a young Blonde haired woman that no one has information on. He stood in the middle of a crowded intersection of Calgary and declared that he was the Shaman of his people, given these abilities by the spirit of his grandfather and the ancient ones. He was here with a child of the Ancients to drive away the evils of man and to protect them from the Great Beasts of Old. Garnering News coverage he was made out to be a mad man.

This, however caught the attention of Eugene Judd. A man putting together a team to aid against attacks on Domestic and Foreign Soils by Super and Non Superhuman threats. Aided by S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate) and with funding from the Canadian Government and the U.N.. Judd recruited Michael and the woman that accompanied him, but Judd isn't too sure about Michael's new persona . In a world that doesn't believe in magic as it once did, is Michael what he claims to be or a man who has lost his mind.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

SNOWBIRD
    Alias: Anne McKenzie
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140 lbs

Little to nothing is known about the woman that accompanied Michael Twoyoungmen (Shaman) into Calgary save that her name is Narya and that she claims to be the daughter of the Goddess Nelvanna. Narya possesses the superhuman ability to assume any form of any Arctic Canadian animal and limited human forms. Whether or not this is due to genetic mutation is unsure as she will not allow medical examiners to analize her. Department H Psychiatrists are afraid that she may have been brainwashed by Michael during his self imposed exile but until this can be proven otherwise, she will be a member of the newly formed team that will be closely watched.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

SASQUATCH
    Height: 6'4" (as Langkowski) 10' (as Sasquatch)
    Weight: 240 lbs (as Langkowski) 2,000 lbs (as Sasquatch)

Walter Langkowski was a colleague of Robert Bruce Banner and became involved in the research of the Hulk during his captivity. During his period at S.H.I.E.L.D. Langkowski worked tediously to find the impurity in Dr. Banner's serum. After months of gruelling work and many blood tests, he was convinced he found the anomaly, all he needed to do was test it. Designating himself as the test-subject, the experiment was conducted in the high arctic to avoid an incident similar to Banner's destruction of part of New York.

The experiment apparently met with success, gaining Walt a large, anthropomorphic, orange-furred second form. Granted the same strength, durability and speed as the Hulk and further more, the power to retain his intelligence he was Drafted immediately into active duty for the newly formed team. Langkowski will be an asset on and off the field, Hopefully his new found second form will not yield similar problems as Banner's has.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

NORTHSTAR
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 185 lbs

Jean-Paul was born the son of the Canadian Ambassador, at least this is what he believed. Learning that he was adopted at birth, Jean-Paul decided to leave the Academy of Tomorrow and return home to deal with the news delivered to him as well as his mutant powers. Going under the alias of Jean-Paul Martin he came to terms with his past and mastered his power, even learning he had the power of flight. Jean-Paul settled in Quebec and became a ski instructor at Stoneham Ski resort during the winter seasons. Finding love and a new found peace he became content, until a Man and a Dwarf came to his door.

Asked by Eugene Judd and James Hudson to join a team he was heading to Protect Canada against Superhuman threats Beaubier immediately turned them down. He had made it clear to them that he did not want to put himself in another situation similar to the one with Mr. Sinister until he saw a picture of a young woman with similar powers to him. Learning that this was his sister and that they had been separated at birth he decided to go against his initial judgement and meet with her and the rest of the team. Upon arrival he was shown to a meeting room with a young woman waiting for him there, they both noted how the resemblance was uncanny. When the two siblings started to embrace after a long awaited reunion they were both shocked to learn that upon physical contact, they irradiated an intense blinding light.

Happy to know that they have each other, they will serve on the team together and take the opportunity to learn more about each other.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

AURORA
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 135 lbs

Jeanne-Marie Beaubier started life orphaned in front of a church. At age two she was taken in by the DPJ (Direction de la protection de la jeunesse) and showed problems conforming to the rules. Constantly sent from Foster home to Foster home and severely Punished for no other reason than being a child, Jeanne-Marie developed dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities)

Due to years of psychological and physical abuse Jeanne-Marie became depressed and suicidal. At 13 she attempted to end her life by jumping off the Pierre-LaPorte Bridge. This, however, triggered her latent mutation causing her to fly to safety. Believing this to be a miracle she retold these events to the head Priest of the local church, the Priest considered the child to be blasphemous, and administered the worst beating Jeanne-Marie had suffered yet, causing her to black out the event, only remembering it as her second personality.

Six years had gone by but from that moment on Jeanne-Marie started to live a double life, one as Jeanne-Marie who devoted her life to God and became a teacher, teaching the "Enseignement religieux catholique" (ERC) at her school, and the other, as a young girl named Aurora who lived life on the streets of Montreal learning how to make it on her own, Casting Religion aside. One night while out as Aurora, a gang tried to work her into an alley to have there way with her. This caught the attention of Eugene Judd and went immediately to aid, only to realize she had already taken them out with a series of punches and kicks at an incredible speed.

Attempting to follow her back to her home, Judd found a week later and spoke with her at the school. Realizing he seemed to be speaking to a completely different person he understood the situation and convinced her to come to Department H with him. After a month or so of therapy they learned how to speak to and bring forward each personality, gaining both Aurora and Jeanne-Marie's trust they joined the team. Three weeks later, she learned of the existence of her brother.

While waiting in a meeting room one day a young man walked through the door, they both noted how the resemblance was uncanny. When the two siblings started to embrace after a long awaited reunion they were both shocked to learn that upon physical contact, they irradiated an intense blinding light.

Happy to know that they have each other, they will serve on the team together and take the opportunity to learn more about each other.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

GUARDIAN
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 190 lbs

James Hudson is one of the most brilliant minds in his scientific field, Nanotechnology. While under the employment of the Am-Can Petroleum Corporation Hudson developed many inventions that revolutionized the industry. One in particular were a special nano-mite that improved the quality of oil, making it longer lasting and cleaner burning, thus reducing emissions. However, realizing this process could be reversed, thus destroying a fuel supply, his supervisor Jerry Jaxon a deal to sell this technology to the highest biding foreign Government.

What Mr. Jaxon had failed to realize was the nano-mites were useless without a control helmet that Hudson had invented. Once Hudson learned about Jerry's intentions for his invention, he destroyed all of his files and information he had on the nano-mites knowing he could recreate it from memory and Quit his job. Later that night, James returned to retrieve the helmet he left by mistake only to find that Mr. Jaxon had been waiting for him. A struggle ensued and as an end result James was shot in the back, paralysing him from the neck down.

Ms. Heather McNeil, Hudson's Fiancé and personal secretary was working late, hearing the commotion she called the Police. Once the Police arrived Jaxon was arrested and Hudson was rushed to the Hospital. When Hudson awoke he saw Heather next to his bed, she told him she would find a way for him to walk again and she would stay by his side to help him. As James and Heather discussed what they were going to do, James mentioned that his invention might be able to help him. Further discussing the subject it caught the attention of a passer by Dr. Walter Langkowski, introducing himself and revealing how he could help, he brought them to attention of S.H.I.E.L.D.

After a year of work with Hudson, they developed an exoskeleton suit powered by the nano-mite technology he created and grafted it to his body, controlled by a headpiece implanted under his skin. Using his new found abilities given to him by his suit, he teamed up with a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative named Eugene Judd and they both went on to create Project: Alpha, a team to aid the world and Protect Canada against Superhuman threats.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

PUCK
    Height: 3' 6"
    Weight: 155 lbs
    Powers: Superhuman strength, speed, durability, agility, reflexes and endurance due to Genetic enhancement

Eugene Judd, or Puck, as he had code-named himself was born with a condition known as dwarfism. He used this to a great advantage and became active in acrobatics at a young age and honned this skill to a second nature. After being rejected from the military because of his condition he became a soldier of fortune and trained himself multiple in forms of hand-to-hand combat.

Garnering attention from General Nick Fury. Head of S.H.I.E.L.D., Judd became a secret operative, breaking barriers and surpassing all expectations. Beyond becoming a challenging hand-to-hand combatant, he had also become a weapons expert and had gained an extensive knowledge of combat strategy.

After years of service to S.H.I.E.L.D. Judd was partnered with Scientist James Hudson and asked to head Project: Alpha, a team to aid the world and Protect Canada against Superhuman threats.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Allo,

Liked most entry, I don't know the ultimates, so can't comment much. But I would like to say some stuff. I would like Snowbird to have an inuit look, like not been caucasian.

I like Northstar living in Stoneham. Good to know it's not Montreal, again.

As for Aurora, I don't like the strict catholic school. It's not nuns that take care of orphans here anymore. That seems really too old for an ultimate title. Plus we don't have sundays school. We have "Enseignement religieux catholique" (ERC) in school. No, it would the DPJ that would take care of her. The DPJ (directeur de la protection de la jeunesse) is http://www.cdpdj.qc.ca/en/youth-prot...noeud2=5&cle=9

Just learn it's DYP in english. OK, so they are the one that would take care for Jeanne-Marie and it been known to not always do what is right for children. She could have been from forster home to forster home. there is also places where they put all youth together. Anyway, if you have acces to "Les voleurs d'enfance" a documentary by Paul Arcand, you could understand better what I'm talking about.

As for Jeanne-Marie religious aspect. A nun or someone at school (strict catholic school sound more like a private school, for an orphan of the province, I would definitly say she went to public school) or in ERC she learn to give all to God so she would pray not to be abused and for her God would answer since it was Aurora that was there during the abuse. Why Aurora did not like God and Jeanne-Marie do. As for the first time her power work, I don't know, She could have went to see the local priest she liked that splaped her in the face and called her a liar. Whatever.

Sylvie
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Thanks for the info on Aurora Sylvie, I'll take it and use it to update her profile I did. As you could see I basically did a re-write of her original with a few slight changes.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaman
    Thanks for the info on Aurora Sylvie, I'll take it and use it to update her profile I did. As you could see I basically did a re-write of her original with a few slight changes.
    No problem, I did see that not much had changed. I don't really like the origine or both Aurora and Northstar as Byrne did it, because based on old facts that even at the time where not true anymore for the characters ages, but still very good considering they where true once upon a time (which is better than many writers that came after Byrne, that only did a French living in noth america thing, awful).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward a update to Aurora's origin because the orphan taken cared by the nuns looks too much like Duplessis orphans scandal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duplessis_Orphans which is a thing of the past. The DPJ is a thing of today. It's a good thing it exist but it as been known not to always do what is right for the child. Here is the synopsis for Les voleurs d'enfance http://www.bytowne.ca/cgi-bin/film-d...film_id=VOL001

And speaking of child abuse Aurora should never be translate in Aurore because no one in Québec wants to be associated with a martyr http://www.mysterescanadiens.ca/site...l/indexen.html

So there! A lot to play with. Good luck.
    -Obélix

changed up a few thing in the Aurora caption
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaman

DPJ (directeur de la protection de la jeunesse) and showed problems conforming to the rules. Constantly sent from Foster home to Foster home and severely Punished for her childish outbursts, Jeanne-Marie developed dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities)
    Sorry, I made a mistake it's "Direction de la protection de la jeunesse" and not "directeur de la protection de la jeunesse". I would say because of abuses of all kind she was a difficult child and she was severely punished for nothing, because the way you wrote that make me think it's her the problem. (I'm a pain, sorry )

Due to years of psychological and physical abuse Jeanne-Marie became depressed and suicidal. At 13 she attempted to end her life by jumping off the Pierre LaPorte Bridge.
    pont Pierre-Laporte or Pierre-Laporte bridge that's the way to write it. Now that's funny that both Beaubier live in the same region.

From that moment on Jeanne-Marie started to live a double life, one as Jeanne-Marie who devoted her life to God and assisted in the "Enseignement religieux catholique" (ERC) at her school, and the other, as a young girl named Aurora who lived life on the streets learning how to make it on her own, Casting Religion aside.
    What age should Jeanne-Marie have in the ultimate universe? 19? Because I never really saw many assistant in ERC unless it was a nun preparing us for a big sacrement. Why not make her a teacher? or a student to become a teacher? Or a "Ă©ducatrice en garderie" a kind of teacher before kindergarden, you know the 7$ "garderies" (day-care?).

As for Aurora nightlife, I would recommand her to go to Montreal. It's common fact that Montreal got a more active nightlife. Anyway, it's only suggestions.

Following her back to the the Foster home, Judd returned the next day and spoke with her. Realizing he seemed to be speaking to a completely different person he understood the situation and had her removed from the Centre to Department H.
    If she is older than 18 years old, she don't live in a foster home anymore. She's on her own. That she wants it or not. DPJ are only taking care of children until they are 18. After that, they are out.
    -Obélix

it's obvious I know nothng about french canadian culture but I made a few more little changes to Aurora

Thank You for your help Sylvie