Thread: Wonder, wonder

Default Wonder, wonder

OK, Joe Q. may be having too much fun with Bendis at Millar's expense with his two "is Millar writing AF" quotes. But I doubt they are just saying things to avoid problems with AF fans dropping more Marvel books.

After all, Quesada's comment about "...there are big plans in the works for our Canadian super team. I think when it all comes to fruition, all our Marvel faithful north of the border are going to be thrilled" makes it obvious that yes, Alpha Flight is on the schedule. They have plans, meaning editorial has discussed a proposal and it's been accepted, so now details are being worked on.

Unless Millar doesn't want AF fans running his site, he isn't the guy proposing AF. He's reading Byrne et al AF so he can get the characters right in Civil War; Marvel told him AF would be in Civil War then, so again he's not writing AF but Marvel has AF on the schedule. After all they showhorned Excalibur characters into HoM and then launched that series quickly, although the public wasn't told New Excalibur was on the Sched until just before the first HoM book came out.

Bendis hints at an "A-list" creative team. Sooooo many people have unknown projects on the way, Pak, Finch, David, Way, Vaughn, Millar, Slott, way more than I can think of here. But there's no way to discern the creative team yet.

So here's the gist: has Marvel been pulling our leg, lying; no!
    Is Millar the writer? I'd say no. Bendis? Oddly more likely, but no methinks.
    Is there a proposal and has it been accepted? YES!
    Is the creative team working with Joe Q. (and the editor handed the job) finalizing the project? Or are they working on characters and plots et al? I think they are are working out the details with editorial about AF, so character designs et al are in with plots in March.
    When will AF be out, then? July at the very, very earliest, February 2007 at the very, very, very latest. I have a huge hunch that it's an August/September release.

I hope we get at least a solid confirmation in the next two weeks, or people like varo will lose hope fast. Not that varo will, but some of you will.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

trust me, i am going nowhere. i am beyond suprised that a new series is even being discussed this soon after that comedy act that passed as alpha flight.

i agree 100% with your breakdown. i think 12/06 or 1/07 will be the launch date. i think the series will be launched off of civil war.

i really feel marvel knows who the creative team is, they are just waiting.

I agree.

Civil War isn't even out yet and it's a 7-issue series. So I think Mokole's right on the money about a late 06, early 07 launch of any possible Alpha Flight book.

I'm curious who this "A-List" creative team is?? Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if Quesada will answer the Alpha Flight questions on Newsarama tomorrow. It's been 5 weeks since he said that Northstar news would be coming "in a week or two" and 4 weeks since he said "Maybe in a week or two we'll have Northstar on a cover". Plus it's been two weeks since he said "Covers for Alpha Flight fans could be around soon", though that was not on Joe's Fridays.

We've got to keep pestering these guys. Even if I am sneezing my brains out

Thanks to Ben and Scratchy and King Mungi and others, we've gotten this far. Hopefully Marts or Quesada will move us to the next level this week.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I wonder if Quesada will answer the Alpha Flight questions on Newsarama tomorrow. :
    bah!
    1. http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays40.html

don't forget saturdays special q&a session.